Author Topic: Howdy All, A Question About Updating my K75C with ZX12 Frunt End  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Craigmondo

• Curious
So I found a K75S that had sat for 8 yrs due to the p.o’s passing. I put a front end on from a zx12 r and am making a few other cosmetic changes. My dilemma at the moment is that the K75S mc is not adaquate to properly engage the zx12 calipers, so I need a different mc. I want to stay with beemer controls if possible as an aesthetic preference. The k1200 controls and r1100 controls seem easy enough to come by and they have a 20mm mc which will work with the zx12  calipers. Any thoughts anyone as to why this might not work or recommendations as to which models might adapt the most readily. Thanks
 The bike also had the rubber cushion around the fuel pump melted into place due to sitting in gasohol for 8 yrs. Denatured alcohol mixed with gas worked well as a solvent to clean up the mess.
  • Nevada
  • K75.

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: Howdy All, a question about updating my k75c
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 01:28:06 PM »
So I found a K75S that had sat for 8 yrs due to the p.o’s passing. I put a front end on from a zx12 r and am making a few other cosmetic changes. . . .
Welcome. This section is for disclosing—among other things—how you like your eyeball pizza and whether you think man-buns, man-purses and Manischewitz wine are appealing.

Because you are customizing a K75, I suggest starting a thread in the Project Custom Motobricks section dedicated to your project and work through your various tasks within that section or the Motobrick Workshop section.
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline Craigmondo

• Curious
Re: Howdy All, A Question About Updating my K75C with ZX12 Frunt End
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 03:11:50 PM »
All it took was a call to Beemerboneyard to sort it out. The r1100 master cylinder with throttle tube will match up except for a difference at the throttle tube connection. It will need a custom cable which is easy enough. So the cool thing is that the existing K75S electrics attach with no problem to the r1100 mc and throttle tube. So problem solved.
 I do not understand why the moderator moved and edited this post the way it was done and I have no clue what a colloquialism like “pizza eye” might mean. I cannot see how this sort of thing helps further clarity in communication.
  • Nevada
  • K75.

Offline billday

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 09:43:16 PM »
I share your questions,  but let's not dwell on the inmates here.  Care to put up some photos of your build?
  • New York State, USA 10977
  • 1985 K100

Offline Craigmondo

• Curious
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 11:29:37 PM »

* 725F8E99-5DDB-4246-BCF7-7ACCE0153C67.jpeg (82.97 kB . 768x576 - viewed 407 times)
* 7616E5A9-3980-45D4-A7AB-66E0078BA9A0.jpeg (96.97 kB . 768x576 - viewed 487 times)

This is where she sits at the moment. Valves adjusted, fuel pump and injectors replaced, splines lubed, brakes and mc’s updated. The seat will take some time to fabricate attachment points but I am super happy with the appearance. Currently the zx12 bars are in place but I will change them out for an ABM superbike conversion. Paint is the next big step. Black for the drivetrain, blue and white for the rest, I am also going to have the fork tubes reanodized in blue. The new front end needed a little more clearance so I moved the tank back 9mm and am lowering it 12mm in the back to help the lines flow together better.
 Some fabrication yet to do for the exhaust, battery, and gauge. She’s coming along as time permits - a good wash, some paint and the cosmetics will start catching up with the mechanicals.
  • Nevada
  • K75.

Offline freed

• Curious
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 03:18:38 PM »
Hi!
Is the zx12r front just swap over project or need new stem etc?
  • Finland
  • 1985 K100

Tags: