Author Topic: Removing/Installing K75/K1002V Fuel Injectors  (Read 14383 times)

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Removing/Installing K75/K1002V Fuel Injectors
« on: February 26, 2013, 05:49:47 PM »
REMOVAL

1 - If necessary(K75S, K75RT, K100RS, K100RT, K100LT), remove left lower fairing panel to expose the top of the cylinder head.

2 - Disconnect the two fuel lines from the fuel rail.

3 - Clean around the bases of the fuel injectors as crud and even little rocks can accumulate under there.  You don't want that stuff falling into the cylinder head when you pull the injectors out.

4 - Disconnect the electrical connectors on each fuel injector.  There is a little wire clip on each connector that you need to remove first in order to be able to pull the connector off.

5 - Put the wire clips back on the connectors so you don't misplace them.

6 - Remove the two bolts that hold the fuel rail to the cylinder head.

7- Pull the fuel rail back to pop the fuel injectors out of the cylinder head.

8 - Clean any remaining crud out from the wells beneath the injectors, being careful not to let any fall into the cylinders.

9 - If you're sending your FIs out to get them reconditioned then you might want to stuff paper towels in the injector holes in the cylinder head to keep any dust or whatnot from getting in.

10 - Remove the square clips that hold the injectors into the fuel rail and then pull them out of the fuel rail.

INSTALLATION

1 - Put a thin coating of motor oil on all of the O-rings.

2 - Install each injector in the fuel rail and secure it with the square clip.

3 - Align the fuel rail so that the injectors are lined up with their holes and push.  Oftentimes they don't just go right in so you may need to coax them a bit.  I place a block of wood on the fuel rail and then tap (not pound) them in with a hammer.

4 - Visually inspect their bases to make sure they're all well and evenly seated in the cylinder head.

5 - Bolt the fuel rail back onto the cylinder head.

6 - Slide the electrical connectors on to them. (The wire clip does not need to be removed to do this. It slips over the angled tabs on the sides of the injectors.)

7 - Re-install the two fuel lines to the fuel rail.

8 - Start the bike and inspect both ends of each injector for leakage.

9 - Put the fairing back on and go for a ride...
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator
Re: Removing/Installing K75/K1002V Fuel Injectors
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 08:19:11 PM »
Before loosening or removing the rail or injectors don't forget to clean around the injector bases REALLY REALLY WELL using tiny screwdrivers and compressed air. The hard-to-reach gap on my bike was packed hard with tiny pebbles and fine baked dirt.

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
Re: Removing/Installing K75/K1002V Fuel Injectors
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 09:35:49 PM »
I've always done it on the center stand but it might not be a bad idea to remove the injectors on the side stand to reduce the angle for stuff that wants to fall into the head.
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Tags: