Author Topic: New to me 1993 K75s - First brick.  (Read 2377 times)

Offline JcJ TN K75s

• ^ Motobrick Curious
New to me 1993 K75s - First brick.
« on: August 14, 2013, 04:07:37 PM »
Hi y'all. I had $1000 burning a hole in my pocket and managed to spend it on a K75s wih 31k on it. The bike is not perfect, but it starts and runs, and i drove it home 50 miles after i bought it. I am a farmer by trade, and reasonably mechanically inclined (my biggest problem is not always knowing when I'm in over my head). I am a little nervous, as my last bike a 1983 Nighthawk 650, was much less sophisticated. I sold it five years ago after my boy was born. Didnt take me long to start itching, and i finally had the scratch to scratch it.

I plan to do a spline inspection this next weekend, and a complete fluid flush and change right after. The tires are fairly new Bridgestones, and the hard cases are still there (from the looks of it aanything in the right one better be in plastic or itll get wet) but the fairing is mostly missing. I haven't decided whether I'm going to make it a naked bike or replace the fairing with an aftermarket, or hunt up the BMW parts. This bike is a long term project, and I hope that within two or three years it is a capable regional touring bike, weekends to the Smokies, etc. Thanks in advance for all the resources y'all have here. Before the Nighthawk I had a 1993 300Zx, so I know how valuable good owners forums can be, especially if you know how to use search (thanks twinturbo.net, i'll never forget you guys).

Anyhow, great to be here and I look forward to bugging y'all with hitches here and there and posting photos when we get to the bragging stage.

Josh Jones, Lincoln TN
  • Lincoln, TN 37334
  • 1993 K75S? "Stormtrooper" 1999 R1100RTP "Lord Vader"
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.- Mark Twain

It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.-
Mark Twain

Offline WayneDW

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
Re: New to me 1993 K75s - First brick.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 08:28:35 PM »
Hey Josh
  • Minneapolis, MN, USA
  • 1992 K75RT

Tags: