Author Topic: Saying Hello  (Read 2664 times)

Offline Billie

• Motobrick Curious
Saying Hello
« on: August 07, 2013, 09:41:58 AM »
 Just taking the time to say hello to all. I found this site a few weeks ago after searching for parts. I would like to thank all who have posted. The info gained just by reading the posts has been great.
 Found a green 1987 K100RS (I think) on craig's list for $650. Rough shape, all the plastics are there ( in a box),key switch jumped, lots of missing hardware and a rebuild/salvage title. Got it registered. Runs fine, shifts smooth and new tires came on her. The gold lettering on the front fairing has K100RS and on the back K100LT, the title does identify it as a 1987. I'll figger it out by the VIN, I hope. Ive learned a ton just reading thru everything and only just started. I enjoy the riding I've got in so far. Got manuals on the way and much work to do. Have not decided which direction this bike build will go but she is a keeper, only 56K on it. Already getting an earful from friends about it. I have a 1985 sportster and they're gonna have to get used to the K100. It's such a different ride and I like it. I am now being referred to as the brickin b####, they'll get over it sooner or later. Guess I'll have to find out how to become a member of the Wrenchin Wenches. I prefer that title much better. Many thanks to whomever posted the wiring diagram of the key switch. Saved alot of time and tracing wiring down. I'll contine to read thru as much as I can. Basically just wanted to say Hi ya'all and thanks for all the help so far. Will be in touch, more than likely with a how do you do what? Later, McKaylah.

Offline WayneDW

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
Re: Saying Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 08:11:46 PM »
Hey McKaylah.
  • Minneapolis, MN, USA
  • 1992 K75RT

Offline motodude

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 08:45:19 PM »
Welcome to motobrick.

Tom
'95 K75RT
'90 K75RT
'87 K100RS Motorsport
No, I am not cool.  Yes, it really is the journey.

Offline hammick

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 08:49:15 AM »
That's a great buy.  You will have a lot of fun putting it back together.

Tags: