Author Topic: Chain Joint USA ~ Five Guys  (Read 12392 times)

Offline Ocelot

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Ocelot: small, agile, powerful, stealthy.
Chain Joint USA ~ Five Guys
« on: June 02, 2011, 07:07:24 AM »
Five Guys Burgers. Look 'em up. Here's the deal: There are no freezers in any Five Guys burger shop. That's it right there. Everything fresh. Fresh taters fried in peanut oil yum.
1990 K75C Ocelot
2003 R1200CLC Annie
2007 KLR650 Biffy Bullfrog

Offline Photog

Re: Five Guys
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 08:07:39 AM »
+1 on Five Guys.

The only truly decent burger I've found in New England, though Lindy's diner in Keene, NH is a close second.

• NNE
  • K75-S

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 08:35:04 AM »
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline leecow

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 01:28:50 PM »
Was at the Northgate store yesterday. Not one o' them gourmet burgers - just good fresh stuff in a slightly quirky shop. Here's a placeholder for pictures until my next trip. Won't be long since it's a regular Saturday lunch date spot with my youngest daughter.
Lee
'93 K1100RS

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 01:44:03 PM »
Was at the Northgate store yesterday. Not one o' them gourmet burgers - just good fresh stuff in a slightly quirky shop. Here's a placeholder for pictures until my next trip. Won't be long since it's a regular Saturday lunch date spot with my youngest daughter.

Maybe I'll stop by next time I'm up north.  Any MC parking there?
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
Buy parts here.

Offline pmm

• Curious
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 04:18:07 PM »
Five Guys Burger 1 regular Cheese Burger w/fries only 1385 CALORIES!!!!
pmm

Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

South Africa 2011

'00  K1200LTC
'90  K75
'62  R 50/2 (Rode hard a

Offline leecow

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 05:20:18 PM »
Any MC parking there?

It's on 164th just north of Alderwood Mall in a recently built shopping center anchored by a Fred Meyer. The corner Five Guys is in is still under construction so parking is a little dodgy. Didn't notice any obvious MC-only spots.
Lee
'93 K1100RS

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 08:51:58 PM »
five guys burgers n fries...

generally dont think much of mega chains... butt this place is a genuine 7/8 revver on the motobrickoburgometer...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 09:17:09 PM »
See guys? That's how you report on a burger - with pics that make people drool on their keyboards.

I'm surprised JO would give a chain such a high rating.  Maybe I'll have to meet lewcow there to f with his ABS and tranny.
Buy parts here.

Offline leecow

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 02:03:45 AM »
It's a date.
Lee
'93 K1100RS

Offline HCorn

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 09:39:14 AM »

Okay - a little clarification here for those who haven't been to a five guys . . .

The "regular" cheese burgers have two patties.  The "little" burger has a single patty and would generally be considered a normal type hamburger.

The small order of fries feeds about 3 people.  They pour fries into a cup, place in a bag, and then scoop more fries into the bag.  Not sure why they bother with the cup.  Then all the grease coats the bottom of the bag.  Mmmmmmmmmm.  (Try the Cajun fries!)

They also have grilled dogs.  No shakes, no onion rings, not fish burgers or chicken nuggets.  But it truly is the best burger out there.

I know where I'm going for lunch now.
1986 K75T

Offline Turkus

• Rollin' The Brickus Turkus - '93K75S
  • Recalculating.....
Chain Joint USA ~ Five Guys
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 11:30:52 AM »
I've been recently informed that Five Guys Burglerz is coming to Horse Country U.S.A. - Norco, CA

Once it's built I'll have to drag J O out to review a brand new burgler joint before it gets ruined by complacency...
You can get more with kind words and a REALLY BIG gun, than with just kind words...trust me

Offline Turkus

• Rollin' The Brickus Turkus - '93K75S
  • Recalculating.....
Five Guys Burglerz - Norco, CA
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 12:07:37 AM »

Okay - a little clarification here for those who haven't been to a five guys . . .

The "regular" cheese burgers have two patties.  The "little" burger has a single patty and would generally be considered a normal type hamburger.

The small order of fries feeds about 3 people.  They pour fries into a cup, place in a bag, and then scoop more fries into the bag.  Not sure why they bother with the cup.  Then all the grease coats the bottom of the bag.  Mmmmmmmmmm.  (Try the Cajun fries!)

They also have grilled dogs.  No shakes, no onion rings, not fish burgers or chicken nuggets.  But it truly is the best burger out there.

I know where I'm going for lunch now.

I've been recently informed that Five Guys Burglerz is coming to Horse Country U.S.A. - Norco, CA...

Well....it opened a few days ago and I wish I would have remembered to read what HCorn posted before I went...... :drool:

I'm as full as a tick.....................buuuuuuurp   :2thumbup:
You can get more with kind words and a REALLY BIG gun, than with just kind words...trust me

Tags: