Author Topic: M Unit Blue - K75 - Assistance Please  (Read 877 times)

Offline KKMK

• Curious
M Unit Blue - K75 - Assistance Please
« on: March 03, 2022, 04:33:21 AM »
Hi All,

Hoping for some assistance getting an M Unit Blue set up on my 94 K75. I'm trying to use it replace as much as possible, keep things simple. Just a couple of questions or issues.

1. Powering the fuel pump straight from Aux 1 (on after starter button pressed). I can get the fuel pump running by running green wire to power, but only if the actual tank itself is grounded, will not pump if I run the brown wire to earth. Is this normal / safe? If not, what should I be looking for to fix this?

2. Planning to power the EFI system off the ignition output, but not sure which wire powers the system? Going off the wiring diagram it should be the thick green w/ red but wanted to confirm.

3. Can I power the starter directly off the starter outputs of the M Unit or should I run through a relay?

Cheers, Kit
  • Australia
  • 94 K75

Offline rbm

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: M Unit Blue - K75 - Assistance Please
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 11:34:23 AM »
1. Powering the fuel pump straight from Aux 1 (on after starter button pressed). I can get the fuel pump running by running green wire to power, but only if the actual tank itself is grounded, will not pump if I run the brown wire to earth. Is this normal / safe? If not, what should I be looking for to fix this?
That's weird.  The brown wire on the tank connector is directly connected to a common grounding point on the fuel sender base, which is bolted to the tank.  The black wire inside the tank goes from the same common grounding point to the negative of the pump. So if you get pump operation with the tank connected to frame ground, then you should also get operation if the brown wire is connected similarly.  Can you confirm that's what you're doing?

2. Planning to power the EFI system off the ignition output, but not sure which wire powers the system? Going off the wiring diagram it should be the thick green w/ red but wanted to confirm.
Yes, Green/Red is power to the EFI.

3. Can I power the starter directly off the starter outputs of the M Unit or should I run through a relay?
The Start circuit is rated at 30A which should be fine for driving the start motor on the K-bike.
  • Regards, Robert
Toronto, Ontario

1987 K75 - Build Blog @http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

Tags: