Author Topic: FOUND! City Bags / Lids for K1100  (Read 5848 times)

Offline KCinSB

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Still learning about Bricks from this site!
FOUND! City Bags / Lids for K1100
« on: June 16, 2011, 11:22:00 AM »
Hello!  New here.....  I have a '93 K1100 that I would like to find City Bags or just the Lids for the existing bags.  These must be fairly hard to find, so any leads would be appreciated.  Also, any condition considered, as I will fix and use them to commute.
Thanks.   KC
  • Santa Barbara, CA
  • SOLD
No good turn goes unpunished, but it's fun to keep trying.........
1993 K1100RS, with LT Rack&Case, some old BSAs and Triumphs,... some even run!! Recent Dark Side foray... '65 XLCH tractor.

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: Wanted, City Bags / Lids for K1100
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 11:40:32 AM »
FYI:  On K1100s the city cases do not have the same inner part like some other BMWs where you just swap the outer half of the case.  You'll need to find complete city cases.

Take a look at the picture at the top of the page and you'll see what I'm talking about.  The bike on the left has the normal system/integral cases and the bike on the right has city cases.
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline KCinSB

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 11:50:41 AM »
Wow !!  That was fast!   So, I'll stop using the "lids" term in my search...  Thanks. KC
  • Santa Barbara, CA
  • SOLD
1993 K1100RS, with LT Rack&Case, some old BSAs and Triumphs,... some even run!! Recent Dark Side foray... '65 XLCH tractor.

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 11:55:02 AM »
You're smart to try to track those down for riding in CA.  Makes lane-splitting much easier because all you have to worry about is the mirrors.

Don't forget when you have the larger cases on though.  You might knock one off on a truck bumper at a stop light in San Francisco.  DAMHIK.  :o
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline KCinSB

Re: Found! City Bags / Lids for K1100
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 12:11:41 PM »
Looks like I have a set coming from near by here in CA.!   :)  Thanks for the education. KC
  • Santa Barbara, CA
  • SOLD

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: FOUND! City Bags / Lids for K1100
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 12:18:12 PM »
if you caint lane split with full size bags without draging them then you aints a proficient motobricker...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline KCinSB

Re: FOUND! City Bags / Lids for K1100
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 12:00:47 PM »
if you caint lane split with full size bags without draging them then you aints a proficient motobricker...

j o

Another result of age, is that I have recently discovered that I have a fully developed frontal lobe.............  you know, ............the part of the brain that processes FEAR !!    :o   And those high 4 - wheelers with the tires stick'in out don't help!.    I split slowly, and move over for the H-Ds.    8)
  • Santa Barbara, CA
  • SOLD

Tags: