Author Topic: 96 K1100RS  (Read 7739 times)

Offline Roy S.

• ^ Motobrick Curious
96 K1100RS
« on: October 01, 2011, 09:26:24 AM »
K75s (will be selling)
K75RT (BabyBlue)
K1100lt (on going project)
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery" TJ

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: 96 K1100RS
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 08:20:48 PM »
includes one hard side bag... i wonder if he found that bag that crash had rattle off...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline CRASH

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 10:26:45 PM »
includes one hard side bag... i wonder if he found that bag that crash had rattle off...

j o

Shhhh ... you will make me cry.  About once a week I realize something else that disappeared with that bag ... today it was my seats rain cover.
- CRASH -

Offline Wescoe

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 03:49:05 AM »

j o

Funny, I'm the guy, I imagine, that ended up buying this bike.  Can't say for sure since the ad is now down, but its a blue '96 with a one right side bag in San Francisco...

Anyway, the guy said he was riding on 580 and it bounced off.  Then he proceeded to tell me the latches can be finicky and to make sure they are secured well.

Consequently, I found this forum looking for a place where I might be able to find a suitable replacement.  Funny how things come full circle sometimes! 

If there are any meet ups in the Bay Area/NorCal area I'd be down to come out sometime.  Otherwise, I'll be around as this looks like a pretty useful forum.

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 10:14:25 AM »
Welcome.

They show up on Fleabay fairly often or place a WTB (want to buy) post in The Yard Sale here.

I've done oodles of miles on K bikes and have never had a case just rattle off.

Read this: Getting side cases on and off               
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline mystic red

• Retired Professsional Driver
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 10:41:40 AM »
I had one open once but I hit a cut (road construct) in the road two up at speed. Now I lock at least one of the latches.

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 01:24:33 PM »
greetings wescoe...

welcome to motobrick.com...

just missed you... we rolled outta there this morning after spending 3 weeks at sfo...

perusing the world famous casa de fruita for chocolate goodies for my friend hercbr... butts i gotts to hold onto them for a whole week till we go to liors... thats gonna be tough...

next year wescoe... gonna have to get red n crash n you n all the other bay area moes together for a burger...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline Wescoe

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 01:09:21 AM »
Welcome.

They show up on Fleabay fairly often or place a WTB (want to buy) post in The Yard Sale here.

I've done oodles of miles on K bikes and have never had a case just rattle off.

Read this: Getting side cases on and off               

Yea I don't need one NOW, so I'll just keep an eye out and wait for something to pop up. 

And I highly suspect that it was user error.  He even took time to point out to me how the bags can be tricky to get on/off properly. 

Offline Wescoe

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 01:11:11 AM »
greetings wescoe...

welcome to motobrick.com...

just missed you... we rolled outta there this morning after spending 3 weeks at sfo...

perusing the world famous casa de fruita for chocolate goodies for my friend hercbr... butts i gotts to hold onto them for a whole week till we go to liors... thats gonna be tough...

next year wescoe... gonna have to get red n crash n you n all the other bay area moes together for a burger...

j o

Saw that in the burger forum.  Its a shame, looks like I found this forum a few days too late!

Anyway, definitely next year or perhaps some time in between!

Tags: