Author Topic: rattle at idle (1995 K75 low-seat model)  (Read 10041 times)

Offline BryanD

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Re: rattle at idle (1995 K75 low-seat model)
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2018, 08:37:39 AM »
But what about the 3/8" or 1/2" drive square.  It's solid.  Do these through-hole ratchets also have special through-hole sockets and extensions?  If so, are they strong?

Yes, the ratchet is hollow and an extension will go all the way through it utilizing the special hollow extensions.  I have had no problem breaking nuts loose using mine, but it's certainly not breaker-bar strong.  I usually utilize it to keep struts from rotating when loosening the cylinder mount nuts.
  • Louisville
  • 95 K1100rs

Offline rbm

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: rattle at idle (1995 K75 low-seat model)
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2018, 05:12:55 PM »
Yes, the ratchet is hollow and an extension will go all the way through it utilizing the special hollow extensions.  I have had no problem breaking nuts loose using mine, but it's certainly not breaker-bar strong.  I usually utilize it to keep struts from rotating when loosening the cylinder mount nuts.
Hmmm, I love it.  Got to find one for my toolbox.  I'd need it for the paralever swingarm pivots.  Those bolts need the bearing preload to be set to a very small torque, held there and then a large nut tightened to a high torque.  That usually requires a special expensive BMW tool.
  • Regards, Robert
Toronto, Ontario

1987 K75 - Build Blog @http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

Tags: