Author Topic: Broke my throttle  (Read 3036 times)

Offline colly

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Broke my throttle
« on: May 22, 2017, 09:41:21 AM »
Doing a custom build, put on different bars but I did not know that the K100 bars are 22mm, whereas the standard is 22.5m So when i tried to put the throttle and brake back on I broke it.  So I have a number of options: Sand down the bars I bought and take .5mm off it - or buy a new throttle/brake that fits properly - I hear I can get one form any bike and they all work, is this true?

What would you guys suggest? This is a real pain in the ass as I'm just not sure what to do to get past this problem

• Ireland
  • 1983 BMW K100

Offline Revrdmark

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Re: Broke my throttle
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 12:18:51 AM »
If you look on my build thread I replaced the forward controls with Kawasaki parts (zx10 and zzr1300 controls) there are pictures on the thread of wiring and how I did it on 7/8 bars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Spokane WA
  • 87 K100

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 12:53:58 AM »
What would you guys suggest? This is a real pain in the ass as I'm just not sure what to do to get past this problem
You can get right to the point of one of your alternatives by clicking this link or you can read from the beginning of that thread to understand you're not the first.

How about posting a picture of what you broke and what it looks like when it's broken?
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline colly

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 01:09:38 PM »
Thanks guys. So I sanded the bar down and it actually goes on now. I need to do a little more to make the throttle rotate freely. I put it back togher and it looks ok but when I twist the throttle it pulls the whole thing not just the inside cable. Will try again its probably something small
  • Ireland
  • 1983 BMW K100

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 01:16:29 PM »
Will try again its probably something small
Remember to align the gear and housing marks. Check the cap for its alignment, too.
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Tags: