Author Topic: First time Brick owner, no turning back now!!  (Read 2725 times)

Offline aaronL

• Curious
First time Brick owner, no turning back now!!
« on: December 18, 2017, 05:01:49 AM »
Hi all, new to the forum but some 4 months ago I picked up a 91 k100  off a local auction site here in NZ. It was someone else's half finished project bike with low kms on the clock and had been set up to be supposedly race but it never made it to the track or out of the previous owners garage. Purchased unseen so yes I did pay too much if there is such a thing!!! All the bikes fairings dash dials and abs system had been removed with the original wiring loom hacked to bits. But hey I got her started after one new fuel pump later and then once figuring you need the side stand up to engage the fuel pump!!!
Since then Ive ripped out the wiring loom fuses relays etc leaving only the original motor electronics, as have a motogadget unit and plan a complete rewire, numerous goodies from Bsk speedworks, fabricated up aluminium rear guard/battery housing +other bits, modified up a front race fairing to take a head light and tail section to take a tail light, Brembo front brake master cylinder new clutch lever and micro switch gear. The list goes on.. Oh and I got hold of a welder as are now teaching myself to tig... This may take awhile but good things usually do :)
  • Auckland NZ
  • 91 K100rs

Offline Martin

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: First time Brick owner, no turning back now!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 05:39:58 AM »
Welcome to the asylum from the land of OZ.
Regards Martin.
  • North Lakes Queensland Australia
  • 1992 K75s Hybrid, Lefaux, Vespa V twin.

Offline billday

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 07:57:10 AM »
Cool. Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures.
  • New York State, USA 10977
  • 1985 K100

Offline aaronL

• Curious
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 11:28:04 PM »
Christmas updates..
  • Auckland NZ
  • 91 K100rs

Tags: