Author Topic: Damn you gauntlet throwing Duck!  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Shoganai

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Damn you gauntlet throwing Duck!
« on: July 15, 2011, 02:26:09 AM »
Bring it!

I'll see your gauntlet and raise you one Iron Butt 50cc and one or two Bun Burner Gold!

Take that my feathered friend :razz

There are several routes that overlap in PNW due to possible changes in end points.

So it it's going to be an 18 day, 9400 mile ride that will include (one) Iron Butt 50CC (cross country from Jacksonville to Sad Diego in < 50 hours) and I might be able to squeeze in (two) Iron Butt Bun Burner Gold's (1500 miles in < 24 hours).

I will also be pre-riding the DustyButt 1000 route which is a 1000 miles on dirt in less than 24 hour ride, weather permitting. Since I'll be on my 1996 K1100RS for this ride, 1000 miles solo on dirt in both day and night will be entertaining.

I will be riding from DC to Jacksonville, San Diego, Seattle, Mount Rainer, Grassy Valley CA, Gerlach NV, Fort Collins, Denver, Colorado Springs, Fort Worth, Springfield MO then back to DC.

The 50CC is the same one I almost died on in 2007. I want to re-attempt it and this is the first year I'm physically and mentally ready to try again.

In 2007 while attempting an Iron Butt 50CC to raise money for the Make a Wish Foundation I crashed at over 70 mph that resulted a severe concussion, burst fracture T6 and T7, and fractures of T5 through T10 left lateral spinus processes. I got a chopper ride I don't remember. I lost 9 days time and still suffer from memory issues and the damage to my spine causes me chronic pain, esp. with riding. It's still a small price to pay to give a little something to dying children. I did raise $12,900 none the less.

I leave on 7/29.

See ya soon!!

Quack  ;D

Offline leecow

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Re: Damn you gauntlet throwing Duck!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 01:19:30 PM »
Safe travels Gwen! You doing Rainier before or after Dungee? If the plan is after and you don't have something planned with Duck I could chase you down the road and introduce you to The Kettle breakfast which J O has featured in one of his gastronomical missives.
Lee
'93 K1100RS

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: Damn you gauntlet throwing Duck!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 09:54:58 AM »
Good luck, Gwen.  Looks like a heck of a ride.... 

I look forward to meeting you IRL.  (And so does Mr. Dungee. ;D)
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Tags: