Author Topic: Nov 2010 Zoin National Park, Utah  (Read 2892 times)

Offline Crapdealerbob

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Nov 2010 Zoin National Park, Utah
« on: May 22, 2011, 10:53:52 AM »
Donna & I went for a quick one day trip to Zion National Park.  We left Las Vegas Tuesday night as soon as I got home from work, rode the BMW to Mesquite, NV.  It was in the 50's, so -  not to bad for riding, although the heated hand grips came in handy!

We rode to Virgin, UT., the next morning and took the road up to the Kolob reservoir, which is on the north end of Zion NP.  The road we took isn't on any of the internet map sites, we found out about it from the National Park service map of Zion.  The weather was just perfect, about 65 degrees and nothing but sun.  The reservoir is at about 9500 feet, so it was a little cool once we got up there, but it wasn't freezing!  After taking the "required" us & the BMW photo, we headed back down, and then took the highway in Zion NP.

We spent the rest of the afternoon in the park, and once again this year just enjoyed the Park and the weather.  We then spent the night in Hurricane, UT., and rode back to Las Vegas on Thursday.

Riding up to the reservoir

The "required" BMW team photo..

On the way back down from the reservoir.

Red Rocks..

In Zion NP, Donna waits for me, I walked down the road past those barrels and around that curve to take the following pics of the North Fork of the Virgin River.

The Great White Throne, Zion NP.

Pit stop at the Zion Park Lodge...that's me.

North Fork of the Virgin River running through the Park.  Colors were amazing..

Red cliffs, straight up, deep blue sky..

Another view of the Great White Throne..

Moon Rising...

Donna was quick to get this nice Mule deer as we rode along the North Fork, deer were out having dinner.  They ignored the cars, but had to look up and check out the Beemer.

Another "Kodak" moment

Donna "waiting" while I take more pics.

We stopped to get something hot to drink in Springdale, UT, when I noticed the moon again...

Donna enjoys "hot" tea.

This was our last trip for 2010. 

Crapdealerbob
Wickenburg, AZ
1991 K100 RS

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: Nov 2010 Zoin National Park, Utah
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 08:47:16 PM »
rolling around zion... on a weekday... with school still in session... and plenty of sunshine n blue skies...

wow... thanks for the ride a long...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Tags: