Author Topic: New boy, should say Hello!  (Read 500 times)

Offline Firkhamhall

• Motobrick Curious
New boy, should say Hello!
« on: May 29, 2023, 08:50:17 AM »
Hello!

I’m already being helped on the tech pages, many thanks to those who are!

Had this a few days, spur of the moment “toy” purchase mainly to irritate the wife (every cloud as they say!) :)
I know it has a few issues but it was an arguable bargain and I just think it’s cool.

Hope to get it tip top with the raft of data on this forum, very impressive!
  • UK
  • 1991 K1100

Offline Past-my-Prime

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
  • All of us are better when we're loved.
Re: New boy, should say Hello!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 11:41:31 PM »
Well, from a maintenance perspective, everything is now more easy-access to do things like check valve clearances, etc. Provided of course that it's comfortable to ride -- is it? I appears that the low seat and forward handlebars could reduce the length of time you'd want to sit on it and go places, relative to the unaltered version but everyone has a different concept of comfort of course.
  • North Shore of Lake Superior (in my garage)
  • BRICK: 1989 K75 RT - Rocinante; NON-BRICK: 2007 F650 GS Dakar - Betty Blue

Offline Chaos

• Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Mars needs women!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023, 12:28:27 AM »
Like the exhaust, not a bad cafe job overall.  Builders usually lose interest after they get these done, (or before) practicality takes a back seat to image (if it had a back seat :laughing1:)
  • sw ohio
1987 K75S    VIN 0231
Original owner, Original litter
200,000 miles (plus or minus) and 5 paint jobs
sold 6/23
2023 Ural 2WD sidecar (BMW's bastard step child)

Offline Firkhamhall

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2023, 12:56:19 AM »
Well, from a maintenance perspective, everything is now more easy-access to do things like check valve clearances, etc. Provided of course that it's comfortable to ride -- is it? I appears that the low seat and forward handlebars could reduce the length of time you'd want to sit on it and go places, relative to the unaltered version but everyone has a different concept of comfort of course.

Hello!  Yeh, it’s comfy enough, I’m not going to be long haul touring on it, ever, but I will be getting a straighter handlebar set up, these are quite high. Less knee control too being sat back.
  • UK
  • 1991 K1100

Offline Firkhamhall

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023, 01:00:02 AM »
Like the exhaust, not a bad cafe job overall.  Builders usually lose interest after they get these done, (or before) practicality takes a back seat to image (if it had a back seat :laughing1:)

If I can keep it running well, it’ll do me for a few rides a year as a toy and pillionless insurance reduces the policy considerably I’ve found, so single seat suits me just fine :)
  • UK
  • 1991 K1100

Tags: