Author Topic: Evening all  (Read 520 times)

Offline OhoaryRev

• Curious
Evening all
« on: May 17, 2023, 04:06:54 PM »
Just to say hi, just got back into biking after 28 yr gap, so got myself a k1100lt 73,000k on the clock.  Of the previous 2 owners the first was 72 yrs old and had a stroke so had to sell the bike, the second owner (66yrs old) of only 9 months did his back in and could no longer handle the weight so I pick it up for what I considered to be a reasonable price. At 68 yrs old I hope to break the trend of ill health and enjoy this bike for a few years.  Couple of jobs to do on it, ie oil changes etc, the master brake cylinder needs an overhaul, (parts already on the way along with new steel braided lines). I live in the north of Sweden so for 7-8 months of the year the bike has been standing hence the cylinder failure.
It's peeing down with rain outside so a photo will have to wait until the weather clears but hope to glean much wisdom from you all as I get this puppy back into tip top condition. Forget about the price of doing the bike nearly succumbed to my own heart attack when I found out the price of motorbike apparel. what ever happened to throwing on a pair of old leathers and a ropy jacket.
  • Sweden
  • k1100lt

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: Evening all
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 06:11:56 PM »
 :welcome

Good gear costs less than having skin replaced.
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline OhoaryRev

• Curious
Re: Evening all, pic all done
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 11:18:50 AM »
totally agree, all in favour of decent clothing just moaning about the price.  However brains can't be replaced so the first port of call was new helmets, the old ones were past it to say the least.  The rest of the apparel will have to be brought as the pension trickles in. Anyways the sun is shining today so here is a pic of the old dear. Don't know if you guys name yr bikes but this is called firefly.
  • Sweden
  • k1100lt

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: Evening all
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 12:41:21 PM »
Looks like a nice specimen.  That's the fastest color too!
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Tags: