Author Topic: 09-03-28 Tehachapi Loop + Some Other Noteworthy Areas  (Read 3641 times)

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
09-03-28 Tehachapi Loop + Some Other Noteworthy Areas
« on: May 01, 2011, 12:56:52 PM »
we rolled out of the oc before first light... took angeles crest to angeles forest...

rolled up elizabeth lake road and stopped at the rock in for food...

heading to the 138...

flowers on the 138 and gorman pass road... we intended to catch the poppy filed on the way back... you know how that goes...

the 223 to the 58 on the way to the tehachapi loop...

the tehachapi loop donkeys...

the infamous loop... photos now... video later... the video needs a little work...

somehow we found bealville road... its a beauty... rolled right past caliente bodfish... was going to catch it on the way back...

lotts o bovine out here...  everywhere... both men and women...

we found caliente bodfish... the other end...  2 up down hill... next time we need to ride this beauty the other direction... m o was hanging on... she thought i was trying to flop her off the bung... silly broad... 

nonmotorized on the upside... freak...

we decided to head for the poppy fields but we saw the old ridge route... saw it on huell howser... had to take a look...

started out good...

we asked some atv riders how far we could go... they said about 5 more miles to the locked gate... so we went as far as we could go then turned back...

we decided to take pine canyon road...

our camera battery died... pine canyon was delightful... we saw a bobcat jump onto the road... the he ran into the woods... we stopped and watched him watch us until he scampered away... somehow pine canyon led us to 3 corners where we turned right and it turned into elizabeth lake road... we busted out some canyons hand split the 210 all the way to the 57 then back to the oc... 530 miles... 14 hours... gotta ride...

here are links to the old ridge route... we were only miles away from the navigable part... well... we are going there soon... i hear its cool...

http://www.ridgeroute.com/index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridge_Route

there you go...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Tags: