Author Topic: K1100 OEM Tank Bag  (Read 288 times)

Offline KCinSB

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Still learning about Bricks from this site!
K1100 OEM Tank Bag
« on: February 29, 2024, 05:23:47 PM »
Kinda long story, but bought to replace my original and then barely used it. Kept using the junker! Very nice condition, with extension and rain cover. Both elastic straps show wear, but are working. (Spare elastic strap material provided) There is a place with printing transferred onto the clear map cover. I made a support for the inside, as my original bag would crush under load. It’s removable, works good!  $125 + ship from 93105, 6lb, 16x10x8
NOTE ADDED : Shipping to domestic US only
  • Santa Barbara, CA
  • SOLD
No good turn goes unpunished, but it's fun to keep trying.........
1993 K1100RS, with LT Rack&Case, some old BSAs and Triumphs,... some even run!! Recent Dark Side foray... '65 XLCH tractor.

Offline lefthander

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Re: K1100 OEM Tank Bag
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 01:37:47 AM »
 Hello,
 Can you share how or what you made the inner bag support of? That is a great idea! I have the BMW tank bags as well, but that support is what I need.  Thanks
  • Savannah GA
  • 1992 k75, 2002 1150gs

Offline KCinSB

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Still learning about Bricks from this site!
Re: K1100 OEM Tank Bag
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2024, 11:36:52 AM »
HA! I wondered if I should include that, as it would open up a diversion.
Yes, that was made from a RubberMade office trash basket. used some thin card board inside the bag to get the bottom contour form right. Then wrapped it around the trash basket, sliding up/down to get the overall bag size, best fit. Cut it out and then trimmed off the excess top material. Worked out so well, I kept on using the Old worn out bag! 
  • Santa Barbara, CA
  • SOLD
No good turn goes unpunished, but it's fun to keep trying.........
1993 K1100RS, with LT Rack&Case, some old BSAs and Triumphs,... some even run!! Recent Dark Side foray... '65 XLCH tractor.

Tags: