Author Topic: WTB Done broke it. Need a transmission 95 1100LT black transmission  (Read 942 times)

Offline Grim

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
WTB. Transmission for my 95 1100Lt black case.

Don’t know what happened but shifting from 3-4 something let go and now it doesn’t want to shift hardly at all. Will not go into neutral if it’s running. No weird noise.

Prefer something within 1-2 hours from Atlanta.
1995 Morea Green K1100LT

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: WTB Done broke it. Need a transmission 95 1100LT black transmission
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2023, 06:50:20 AM »
Just curious, but is there a lot of slop in the shifter?  I had an issue similar to yours with my K75RT and it was caused by a loose grub screw that prevented full rotation of the shift drum.  Shifter free play/slop is a symptom of a loose grub screw.  Takes about a day to fix it. 

• In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Online Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 09:37:09 AM »
How have you ruled out the clutch assembly including the clutch piston? Have you removed the transmission and inspected?
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2023, 10:20:34 AM »
I probably have one in WA state if you can't find one locally.
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline Grim

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2023, 04:46:01 PM »
Just curious, but is there a lot of slop in the shifter?  I had an issue similar to yours with my K75RT and it was caused by a loose grub screw that prevented full rotation of the shift drum.  Shifter free play/slop is a symptom of a loose grub screw.  Takes about a day to fix it.
First thing I checked. Wish it was that. 😕
1995 Morea Green K1100LT

Offline Grim

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2023, 04:55:26 PM »
How have you ruled out the clutch assembly including the clutch piston? Have you removed the transmission and inspected?

Well I bought an Oil head GS Saturday. Lacking room in my garage I wanted to put the Brick in my enclosed trailer. The thing was suddenly acting ok on the stand (wheels off the ground) . Shifted all gears fine.
Now I drove it about 4 miles home when this shifting problem started. I have a decent slope on my drive up to the garage.

So I fired it up and backed out of the garage to drive it into the trailer. It suddenly let it be known what failed (i suspect anyway) the unmistakeable banshee sceam of input shaft jumping clutch splines. 😳😔

I did the splines at around 40k (it’s north of 80k now). They had some wear but I hoped I caught it early enoughI was going to do them over the winter.  🤷🏻
1995 Morea Green K1100LT

Offline Grim

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2023, 05:05:09 PM »
I probably have one in WA state if you can't find one locally.
I didn’t see one on your site. BB had one listed so I ordered it so I can get it back on the road.
1995 Morea Green K1100LT

Online Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2023, 11:57:56 PM »
The thing was suddenly acting ok on the stand (wheels off the ground) . Shifted all gears fine.
So I fired it up and backed out of the garage to drive it into the trailer. It suddenly let it be known what failed (i suspect anyway) the unmistakeable banshee sceam of input shaft jumping clutch splines. 😳😔
What a difference a load makes, eh? It could be worn clutch hub splines jumping okay input shaft splines, in which lucky case you now have a spare transmission. Please post photos of the defective parts after the transplant, for us morbidly curious. :laughing4-giggles:
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Tags: