Author Topic: K100 resurrection "The Wasp"  (Read 10276 times)

Offline herseyb

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Re: K100 resurrection "The Wasp"
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2020, 08:48:52 PM »
fuck mang, that is sexy.  Looks very nice compared to a lot of people hoping for a similar look.  I like that seat riser that makes it line up with the tank well.
  • Brooklyn
  • '93 K1100RS

Offline Blunderbust

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2020, 02:22:47 AM »
Throughout my time working on the bike I have made some changes which include lowering the seat height slightly from my original plan (was too high initially). I did not like my first end can so bought an other which looks much better (IMO). Decided that using the original hand controls was looking a bit ugly and also I was having problems getting them set up so opted for a complete change. Due to this I also decided to sell on my BEP 3 and move to the M-Unit which makes the wiring much easier. Had my seat recovered with a yellow piping and beefed up the padding (Done by a friend). At first I covered the air box with carbon look sheeting but could not resist the smaller weld up job that I saw on the internet.

I find that the alternative controls gives the bike a cleaner more minimalist look. I am working on the bike again today and hopefully I will get the front light and mud guard in place. Wait out!!!!
  • Norfolk, UK
  • 1984 K100

Offline Blunderbust

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2020, 02:24:33 AM »
greetings...

this gonna be hawt... bees knees knocking in anticapation...

j o

Thank you Johnny 112350.
  • Norfolk, UK
  • 1984 K100

Offline Skunky

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2020, 06:44:07 AM »
Throughout my time working on the bike I have made some changes which include lowering the seat height slightly from my original plan (was too high initially). I did not like my first end can so bought an other which looks much better (IMO). Decided that using the original hand controls was looking a bit ugly and also I was having problems getting them set up so opted for a complete change. Due to this I also decided to sell on my BEP 3 and move to the M-Unit which makes the wiring much easier. Had my seat recovered with a yellow piping and beefed up the padding (Done by a friend). At first I covered the air box with carbon look sheeting but could not resist the smaller weld up job that I saw on the internet.

I find that the alternative controls gives the bike a cleaner more minimalist look. I am working on the bike again today and hopefully I will get the front light and mud guard in place. Wait out!!!!

Looking good. I guess you're getting 'Covid time'.  I'm looking forward to the finished bike. I'd like to see the weld up air box.
  • Derby GB
  • BMW K100lt
Rebuild it and they will come..
90 K100lt
Triumph Thruxton 900
Honda CB400F

Offline Blunderbust

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2020, 06:51:36 AM »
Skunky, when I finish work today I will take a closer pic of the air box.
  • Norfolk, UK
  • 1984 K100

Offline Skunky

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2020, 07:04:55 AM »
Skunky, when I finish work today I will take a closer pic of the air box.

You and me supporting the economy  112350
  • Derby GB
  • BMW K100lt
Rebuild it and they will come..
90 K100lt
Triumph Thruxton 900
Honda CB400F

Offline Blunderbust

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2020, 04:55:51 PM »
Did a couple of hours this evening, fitted front light and mud guard. Placed on the seat, side covers and the tank just to have a look at how it is fitting together.

Still lots to do including fit foot pegs, bleed rear brake, make a couple of brackets to secure the MAF and the overflow bottle for the radiator. Finish the wiring, finish rubbing down the paint work. Fill all the oils and radiator, get it to run. Give it a good wash and polish ready for when I can eventually get it MOT'd and on the road. Wait out.
  • Norfolk, UK
  • 1984 K100
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Tags: