Author Topic: Rehab K75s 87, Part ID request please  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Edward

• Curious
Rehab K75s 87, Part ID request please
« on: August 09, 2020, 10:36:29 AM »
Greetings everyone!

Original owner. Can someone please shed light on where this plastic washer with seemingly grease indents go? I just lubed all the splines and the wheel is still off. I've searched and searched and asked my local BMW mechanic with no luck. My gut tells me its not a Kbike part but an R part added by mistake during a service to the clutch boot plunger area. I'm at a standstill until this is resolved. Thanks.

* IMG_3761.JPG (21.19 kB . 576x576 - viewed 265 times)
* IMG_3762.JPG (20.93 kB . 576x576 - viewed 257 times)
  • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
  • K75s 1987, MV Agusta Brutale 910s 2008 | Original owner
K75s 1987  | Original owner | RK BMW
MV Agusta Brutale 910s 2008 | Original owner | FBF

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: Rehab K75s 87, Part ID request please
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 03:59:09 PM »
I don't recognize it as part of the final drive assembly, I couldn't find it as part of the final drive/rear suspension parts diagram at Max BMW and I haven't come across one when disassembling and lubing the final drive pinion gear splines or driveshaft. Describe how it was part of the assembly
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline Edward

• Curious
Re: Rehab K75s 87, Part ID request please
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 06:00:14 PM »
Thanks, Laitch for your help. Much appreciated.

I've search like you and didn't find it. I have part trays on my bench separated by area/task and it was in one of them upon reassembly. The last time I had it to a shop was a long while ago when it was running. It must have been 2005-6. At that time I had the splines, shaft, and clutch spline serviced as I vaguely remember. (Normally I've personally serviced my bike since 1987.) That said, I recently came across a similar-looking washer while looking at R parts at Max BMW. The only thing I can think of is the mechanic at the time might have been doing a couple of bikes at the same time and slipped it in the clutch boot area somehow. I know crazy thinking...  I've been scratching my head for days. At this point, I'm not going to worry about it. It's nowhere in the diagrams for K75 bikes or in two versions of repair manuals. Leaving it to rest at this point. If I discover what it is I'll post a follow-up.

Side note:
Today I've rebuilt the rear brake upon reassembling the final drive. That's done, and I'm thankfully not under a somewhat fallen bike like a few days ago. Stupid me... Leave the door unlocked, charged phone in the front pocket, use all safety precautions going forward.
  • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
  • K75s 1987, MV Agusta Brutale 910s 2008 | Original owner
K75s 1987  | Original owner | RK BMW
MV Agusta Brutale 910s 2008 | Original owner | FBF

Tags: