Author Topic: 14-07-10 Rolling Driffless Cheezconsin Outta Dodge County  (Read 5782 times)

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
14-07-10 Rolling Driffless Cheezconsin Outta Dodge County
« on: July 09, 2014, 07:46:51 PM »
greetings...

amazing weather here in cheezconsin... 60s and 70s... breezy and sunny...  i gotts to getts outta dodge county and explore driffless cheezconsin in attempt to put together the ultimate route for motobrick motodebauchery twenty fifteen ...

i know those who have come before me already gotts it figger out... i just going to take a look...

so... thursday the 10th and friday the 11th... and who knows... perhaps saturday and sunday too... overnighting somewheres out there... who knows where... are you in... part or all... its gonna be yeeehaaaa...

this fieldmeet is underway...  where in cheezconsin is motobrick johnny... click here... its like riding the brick of the corn in real time...

greetings...

it was said that after riding the westcoast for so many years i would not be satisfied by riding cheezconsin and would be yearning for the glory days of westcoast motobricking...

being an indianapolis southsider... i have spent many days riding southern indiana... thats where folks first started telling me that i had supernatural motocontrol... i rode so much the calluses on my clutch hand and shift foot would bleed... lotts o yeeehaaaaaa down there... so i knew there was more to it than no cali = no yeeeehaaaa...

now im calling booocheee on that whole notion...

i have four cornered cheezconsin... have rolled it out top to bottom... bottom to top... side to side... and from the middle out... and i gotts to say what the locals have been saying for decades... some of the best motobricking is in driffless cheezconsin...

driffless destinations link...

the whack thing is i was looking for the mountain roads from the valleys... i spent a whole lotta time trying to make that work... then while minding my own business i discovered the higher in elevation the better i could see the yeeeehaaaaa...

southwest cheezconsin when observed from the ridges... can see hollers... hunderts of them... some a couple miles long... some many miles long... each hollow has at least 1 road in and out... some have 4 or more...

i can spend a hundert days out there and still not ride all the hollers... each is unique and has twistys and elevation changes and scenery...

glaciated cheezconsin is kinda a grid of mostly straight mostly flat roads...

unglaciated cheezconsin is very pooloose like with ancient mountain ranges that have been whittled down over time with hidden hollers...

sandhill cranes and blue herrons as well as turkeys and wildlife of all kinds are everywhere...

still on the outskirts of the driffless...

lotts o interesting stuff out here...

more later...

j o

• :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline johnny

Re: 14-07-10 Rolling Driffless Cheezconsin Outta Dodge County
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 01:24:25 PM »
no irish food in this joint...

just frozen pucks and such...

rolling it out...

there has been lotts o rian here... so im looking for dirty roads... butts im rolling out some of these roads at a pretty good clip and all of a sudden... without warning... the pavement either turns into fresh chip seal or full on gravel...

chip seal no top coat no signs...

full on gravel no signs...

while im at it... there were recent mud flows that have not been scraped and swept yet... some were still mud... some where just rocks... some were holes where the water eroded under the pavement and its just gone... some were strewn with debris from mother earth... and only 1 had a sign...

more later...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline johnny

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 12:04:03 PM »
enough of that... not many photos... i was in the zone...

was gonna float to iower for a tenderloin butts the ferry was shot down due to high water... this guzzi rider was on his way to elkader iower for the guzzy national...

^quintessential cheezconsin...

rolling it out...

didnt take many photos on the second day of this overnighter cause it was raining most of the time... not a soaker... butts enough to slicken the already dirty roads... and enough to tilt my digicam... not gonna do that again...

i was blasting the 60 looking for the man when i see this hd stopped in a precarious place... was thinking whats a lifestyle rider doing out here in the rain... then i see he is wearing a helmet... as i roll past is see its an old guy on a guzzy... ch1t... he is a long way from elkader iower... went back...

dude said his camp set up is at the guzzy national and he was trying to find the spot for next weeks triumph ralley... he had this old f-ed up magellen... i had a map and a compass... figger it out and off we go...

dudes from arkansas and spends his summers going to moto ralleys... said hes gotts 1 of everything including hacks... 1 of everything except bmw... said he couldnt afford the maintenance...

j o

Offline K75RT Keith

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 01:32:50 PM »
Nice K replacement/supplement!
You can't help someone who doesn't want to hear the answer.

1990 K75RT

Offline sprockethead

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 08:42:34 PM »
Awesome JO.  :2thumbup:  Those mud flows look a little sketchy though!
  • 34.842917, 39.000092
  • Virtual K1350 RS

Offline johnny

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 08:45:43 PM »
rodger all that... wouldnt need to carry a final drive with a guzzi... and sprocky... i didnt photog the first of them which were the worst of them... it was whack... 

this is where the brittish ralley is gonna be... he was off... thought is was in blue river... see the flyer... eagle cave is not even on the same side of the river...

thats all for now...

j o

Tags: