Author Topic: still trying to fit the bloody gs 1150 rear wheel  (Read 289 times)

Offline ming

• Motobrick Curious
still trying to fit the bloody gs 1150 rear wheel
« on: October 31, 2023, 01:42:06 PM »
as the title suggests, i'm having some difficulty gettting the gs wheel in , without a massive and un rideable  offset
got one last throw of the dice until i give it up, this involves, firstly, go to see sid at sids wheels to find out if its possible to offset the hub with the spokes, if thats do#able, then milling the hub down which should give me a 4mm offset.
so todays questions are this:
is it true that the gs rear caliper fits the monolever mounting points?
what are the wheel options if the gs wheel does'nt go?
thanks
ming
  • derby
  • triumph street triple, spondon bandit, honda cb 500 fa, bmw k100, honda tlr 200, yamaha ty 250 mono
anything is possible!

Offline NickHeijman

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Re: still trying to fit the bloody gs 1150 rear wheel
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 01:46:10 PM »
So yeah the gs lower rear caliper fits right on.

I’m having a mono setup also and a paralever one.
Getting the mono setup milled down is the best option.

Paralever works right away.

So you can do a para upgrade also if you like that.
  • Breda
  • BMW K75S

Offline ming

• Motobrick Curious
Re: still trying to fit the bloody gs 1150 rear wheel
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 02:06:08 PM »
thanks for the reply bud
does it matter which year gs? my wheels are 2002 so would ideally be looking for those.
i tried the gs wheel on a paralever and the offset was exactley the same! i bought a complete k11oo paralever setup (gearbox/swinarm/final drive and no difference apart from it being 60mm longer! have you fitted GS wheels?
i did seriously look into a monoshock conversion which is why i bought the k1100 rear end but i decieded that i did'nt like the extra length of the wheelbase so stuck with the mono, ive just ordered a retro ride type suspension from christian gill up in that there madchester!
  • derby
  • triumph street triple, spondon bandit, honda cb 500 fa, bmw k100, honda tlr 200, yamaha ty 250 mono
anything is possible!

Tags: