Author Topic: WTS 1994 K1100RS Central Texas <SOLD>  (Read 2078 times)

Offline BexarWolf

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • 1994 K1100RS - Rubik
WTS 1994 K1100RS Central Texas <SOLD>
« on: June 06, 2015, 01:55:45 PM »
For sale, Central Texas (Austin area). My beautiful 1994 BMW K1100RS. Only 43,968 miles on the clock.

SOLD

I've had this bike for almost 3 years and love absolutely everything about it but my life priorities have changed and it's time to move on. The bike has been flawless since the day I got it and a 100% pleasure to ride. The previous owner made a few upgrades and I've made more since. I'll post some more current pictures as soon as I can roll it out of the garage and give it a bath. Here's a list of what's been upgraded/changed:

*Hyper-Lite white front running lights wired properly with an Eastern Beaver wiring kit. On when the headlight is on low beam, off with the high beam.
*High-output headlight bulb with a proper wiring harness from Eastern Beaver
*Parabellum windscreen (original windscreen included)
*Throttlemeister manual cruise control
*ABS switch mod that allows you to manually turn on the radiator fan for those hot Texas summers
*Bar risers for a more upright seating position
*Gas tank spit cup to eliminate the vent hose for easier removal/installation of the gas tank
*Johnny blanket (insulated blanket to block some of the engine heat the K1100 is known for)
*Sidestand engine kill delete (allows you to start the bike on the sidestand)
*Corbin seat w/backrest for driver or pillion
*Cortech saddlebags with rain covers

The bike will also include the factory seat and one hard saddlebag. It's set up for both bags but one of mine decided to detach while in transit and it ended up on the muffler. It's pretty much useless now which is why I have the Cortech soft bags.

Within the past 12 months I've:
*Changed oil/filter
*Flush/filled anti-freeze
*Replaced the clutch boot
*New plugs
*New air filter
*New battery

I have the service records from the 2 previous records. Rear splines done at 28,900 miles and I have a Clymer's manual. Front and rear tires are Michelin Pilot Road 3s with at least a season's worth of tread left

The bike is due for inspection and registration at the end of June. I have a clear, blue Texas title in my name. The bike has been garaged when not ridden and the battery has been on a maintainer over the winter. When I parked it for the season I filled the tank with fresh gas and added Seafoam (about a half can). It's been started monthly while parked and starts without a problem.

If I had one concern, I *think* there might be a leak in the rear brake system because I have to refill the rear reservoir every now and then. But I don't detect a leak or see brake fluid on anything.

I'm not in a rush to sell because insurance is cheap and it takes up very little room but I hate seeing it sitting in the garage unridden. This bike deserves to be on the road.

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high. Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky. Live like you ain't afraid to die. Don't be scared. Just enjoy the ride. ~ Chris LeDoux

Tags: