Author Topic: 1985 K75 Cafe custom  (Read 39870 times)

Offline pdg

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Re: 1985 K75 Cafe custom
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2015, 07:02:48 PM »
Personally, I wouldn't use anything with relatively high (>0.5%) silica content for blasting unless I had negative pressure facilities (to prevent contamination of adjoining land/people) and a hugely filtered and efficient pressure fed respiration system. Real crystalline silica has been commercially illegal to use for blast cleaning purposes in the UK since 1950 for a pretty good reason.......

With the huge array of "safe(er)" media available these days, I don't see the point in risking it at all anyway.

For one, crushed glass works well. It's available in different grades and is good for lower pressures (60-80psi) than glass beads because it's sharper - although you still need a decent flow behind it. It's also better than bead if you have a venturi pickup type blast system again due to the shape. Last time I bought some I paid around £10 for ~50kg (from a commercial blast company rather than a media supplier - they sold it to me at the per tonne price rather than the bag price).

Of course, if you really do want to use sand then have at it - you're far enough away from me that it won't affect me directly  :neener:
1988 K75S

Offline Nantucket_Red

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2015, 08:38:20 AM »
*resurrection post*

I love what you did with the rear seat hump. Would you mind taking a photo of a close up of it?
  • Cape Cod,MA
  • 1987 BMW K100RT

Offline analogman

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2015, 12:11:59 PM »
Oh, here is a pic of where the battery will live, and what you also see there is my new exhaust. Some assembly required
Where did you get teh exhaust parts and what does the bike sound like with them installed?

Thanks!
  • Butler PA
  • 1988 k75s Non-ABS
'88 k75s Non-ABS

Tags: