MOTOBRICK.COM > The MBdotCOM Community Center

BMW Motosport badge/emblem

(1/3) > >>

xyxy:
Hey all, not sure where to post this, I have a question.
I want to replace old cracked tank logos on my k75, an I've found those M logos with helmet design.

Were they actually used by BMW on any of their motorcycle or those are 3d party?

Laitch:
I don't believe that BMW would sully its 50 year anniversary emblem by placing a helmet in the center of it because the letters BMW and the Bavarian flag symbol are at the center of its universe. They'd be just as likely to put a spatula silhouette in there.

Chaos:
My understanding of the BMW logo is it represents a spinning propeller,  that one makes me dizzy. 

Laitch:

--- Quote from: Chaos on April 20, 2024, 12:20:54 PM ---My understanding of the BMW logo is it represents a spinning propeller,  that one makes me dizzy.

--- End quote ---
Look away!  :laughing4-giggles:

Here's the meaning from BMW's perspective.

sooprvylyn:
I've seen those badges too. To my knowledge they never used a helmet on their heritage badge. If you do want heritage badges, I got a guy that can print you metal badges with the right colors. Won't be enamel, but they look nice. I have them all over my bike.

Yes, they used the heritage badge on some k bikes. I have an oem k100 belly pan with oem paint and badge when I purchased it on ebay. The badge that was on it was the heritage badge. My buddy in CA also purchased a 94 k1100rs and had oem heritage badges on it too. It's correct for k bikes.

I measured the oem badge with calipers and color matched to pantones to create the vector art I gave my badge maker. He's reasonably cheap too, like $40 for the 5 badges I had made.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version