TECHNICAL MOTOBRICK WRENCHING In Remembrance of Inge K. > Project Classic Motobricks

1987 K100rs K100rs special edition differences

(1/5) > >>

JulianR:
Can anyone explain the difference between the K100rs and the K100rs "special edition" ?
are the specs any different, is it  just the paint scheme, or what??

I have a chance to buy a "winter" project 87 K100rs , seller says its a special edition (all black)..
would like to know if it's a more "rare" edition or if parts will be different.

Thanks in advance.
Post or PM is fine.
Cheers,
Julian R

frankenduck:
Only RS SE I've ever heard of is the 88/89 with the blue/white paint job.  It's all cosmetic, no special parts that I know of.

I wish this option were still available:

Laitch:

--- Quote from: frankenduck on December 17, 2021, 05:43:07 PM ---I wish this option were still available:

--- End quote ---
She's available, but she still has 12 years to go before she collects Social Security. Be patient.

The Special was made one model year only, as frankenduck indicates; 1987 wasn't it. Get the last seven digits from the serial number and run it through the VIN checker at realoem.

frankenduck:

--- Quote from: Laitch on December 17, 2021, 06:21:35 PM ---She's available, but she still has 12 years to go before she collects Social Security. Be patient.

The Special was made one model year only, as frankenduck indicates; 1987 wasn't it. Get the last seven digits from the serial number and run it through the VIN checker at realoem.

--- End quote ---

Just to nitpick: BMW sold the blue/white RS-SE for TWO model years, 88 and 89.

Laitch:

--- Quote from: frankenduck on December 17, 2021, 07:15:23 PM ---Just to nitpick: BMW sold the blue/white RS-SE for TWO model years, 88 and 89.

--- End quote ---
Do you mean the years from fall of '87 through '88 and fall of '88 through '89?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version