Author Topic: Howdy from the FNG  (Read 2287 times)

Offline buzzard

• Curious
Howdy from the FNG
« on: August 07, 2013, 04:38:38 PM »
Howdy from the Frickin New Guy.

I just rescued a 93 K1100LT from a barn in Northern Michigan, and I'm getting up to speed on its care and feeding requirements. I've always wanted a K-bike, and I just couldn't say no to this one. (My wife says I rescue motorcycles the way she rescues fuzzy little dogs.)

The older gentleman who owned it was slight of stature and short of inseam, and judging by the scuffs on the mirrors and fractured hard cases, the motorcycle won a couple of stoplight wrestling matches before it went into the barn. That being said, he had pretty good service records through last summer, and it runs like a champ, with no leaky bits or looseness in the powertrain (had to ratchet up the spring preload, though, I'm a much bigger guy).

The front master cylinder has a small leak and the brake pads looked marginal, so I'm going to go through the stoppers this weekend - front MC inspection/rebuild, new pads & fluid, and thorough bleeding with Mr. Mighty Vac. The website's a wealth of great info, and I'm excited to join the group. Looking forward to many, many miles ...
1993 K1100LT
Bloomfield Hills, MI

Offline WayneDW

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
Re: Howdy from the FNG
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 08:10:13 PM »
Hello, FNG!
  • Minneapolis, MN, USA
  • 1992 K75RT

Tags: