Author Topic: Load shed relay?  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Boxermann

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Load shed relay?
« on: November 07, 2019, 05:48:43 AM »
1987 K75 with BEP 3.0 and LED tail lights / indicators.

Symptoms (unrelated?): Neutral indicator and headlight does not work (Hi-Beam flasher works though, so that would indicate that the load shed relay is ok?). Tail light only gets 6-7V. Buzzing sound from turn signal relay when trying indicators.

Have tried grounding the terminal on the starter directly to the battery to rule out bad brushes. Also tried switching the load shed relay with the fuel injection relay but no difference. Fuses are ok.

Suggestions?
  • Norway
  • K100 / '87, K75 / '87

Offline daveson

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: Load shed relay?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 07:16:39 AM »
I don't know if this has any merit,  as I go straight past questions when I see stuff like BEP in them. When you say turn relay I think you might mean horn relay. Is it the top,  right hand side relay that buzzes? That's the horn relay. Replace the fuses anyway. Clean the earth connection at the rear of your brick, the tail light and indicators at the rear depend on it. That might do it. While you have the light out,  clean all the connections there.
  • Victoria, Australia
  • Current;'85 K100RT~100,000km; four other bricks. Past; 1500 Vulcan, V Star 650, KLX 250(dirt bike) TT250(dirt bike)

Offline volador

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • NEEDS MORE CHROME
Re: Load shed relay?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 02:42:23 PM »
Moto does not start?
Turn indicators are not functioning/blinking?
Has the BMU been removed?

Try swapping horn relay for the LSR

• NYC NY
  • 1991 K100RS 1993 K75S ABS
5 BOROUGHS SISYPHEAN SOCIETY  MAINTAINING THE OBSESSION

Tags: