Author Topic: 1989 K75 engine rattle/knock.  (Read 40679 times)

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: 1989 K75 engine rattle/knock—personal update
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2022, 07:41:31 PM »
It was 10.31.2022 1500hrs at the entrance to the Wrightsville Reservoir picnic area on a solo ride, stopped on my idling Brick as I sought the address on my phone of a vehicle inspection station likely to approve my motorcycle's continued use without my waiting a week for the event, and while I was wearing a 12-year old Fox Creek Leather racing jacket, Scorpion Seattle overpants, EMS polyester cargo pants, a long-sleeve polyester jersey, an azure blue ExOfficio boxer brief with 4" inch inseam, a green Buff imprinted with the logo of the 2021 Montpelier virtual Corporate Cup Challenge and State Agency Race, Darn Tough hiking socks, TCX Explorer 4 vegan riding boots, a Diamond Silver Arai Signet-Q helmet and Firstgear insulated gloves, I heard the unmistakable faint rattle that might be the one plaguing @uldy. Once I realized it had returned, I greeted it happily like an old friend and the two of us roared up through the sweepers on Route 12, landing at the Worcester country store where I bought half a cup of coffee and possible future rights to simultaneous tax burden and tax relief. At Mazer Performance in Bolton, VT, my Brick passed its inspection with "flying colors." I flew home over the scenic pothole fields that are my town's roads.

Separation from the knock was brief and our reunion was ecstatic.   icon_cheers
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles
I wept because I had no radials until I met a man who had no splines.
https://tinyurl.com/RillRider
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Tags: 500rpm to 3 700rpm