MOTOBRICK RIDING > Off-Forum Ride Reports

Riding in the Rain

(1/6) > >>

ScooterNSticks:
A friend and I did a 250 ride last Friday -- me on my K75 and him on a K1300.  I thought it would be a leisurely ride to Antietam National Battlefield.  Turned out to be something different.  Learned a few things about my "new" 1992 K75.  Learned more about what an idiotic I can be.

Here's the link to the story:  https://scooterinthesticks.com/2019/09/mistakes-and-lessons-on-riding/

Would not have happened if I was riding my Vespa.  More storage space would have meant more gear with me.  I really do need to get beyond my obsession with the naked look of the K75 and mount the damn side cases. 

Chaos:
The iconic 22L tailpac is perfect for raingear and a luncheon of cheese and wine.  And it maintains that slim profile for aerodynamics and lane splitting, 

The Mighty Gryphon:
Good touring gear not only protects from impacts and sliding on pavement, but is also rain proof.

The option is to think of rain as liquid air conditioning.

Laitch:

--- Quote from: The Mighty Gryphon on September 04, 2019, 09:21:38 AM ---The option is to think of rain as liquid air conditioning.

--- End quote ---
To help with that conceptual transition, start thinking of air conditioning as dry rain.

ScooterNSticks:

--- Quote from: Chaos on September 04, 2019, 09:19:16 AM ---The iconic 22L tailpac is perfect for raingear and a luncheon of cheese and wine.  And it maintains that slim profile for aerodynamics and lane splitting,

--- End quote ---

I won't argue the Iconic 22L would be useful.  But whenever I see a picture of it I immediately see Sally Field in "The Flying Nun."  Is that normal? 

Right now I am considering a factory luggage rack on the rear cowl so I can bungee cord something back there.  I took the Reynolds Rack off because it was so aesthetically displeasing.  So I am a long way off from considering a top case.  I think I'll need to go without food for a few days before it rises to the level of consideration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version