Author Topic: 14-04-06 TwistyBovine an Experiment in MotoBrick MotoDebauchery  (Read 68001 times)

Offline Turkus

• Rollin' The Brickus Turkus - '93K75S
  • ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Recalculating.....
TwistyBovine MotoBrick MotoDebauchery April 2014
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2014, 08:13:04 PM »
I had been threatening to do this since Twisty Bovine II and I finally was able to seize the moment.
I motioned to CRASH to grab his camera and wait for me to come out from inside the burgler shack after I ordered my requisite Double Jalama Beach Burgler with Chee.
I then showed JO what I had ordered for lunch:

JO was stunned and speechless for a number of minutes

Y’all…..that’s f-ed up….I think you’re “off the deal” for next year

I “think” I redeemed myself when I produced some Bovine….

Hhhmmmm…..taggers and sticker stickers seem to be prevalent everywhere

Gotts to love a lady that knows how to travel in comfort and style….

Lunch, and our final consumption of Bovine for the weekend, completed it was now time to say our farewells to each other
 and all scatter to the winds across the Left Coast.

You can get more with kind words and a REALLY BIG gun, than with just kind words...trust me

Offline Turkus

• Recalculating.....
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2014, 08:15:17 PM »
Kris, Alan, John, and I blasted back out Santa Rosa Road to the coast and then headed south;
turning off at Oprah’s Driveway (CA 192) and zigzagged through the back roads of Montecito and into Ojai from the back way.

The four of us topped off at the Chevron Supreme with Techron in Ojai
(and home to “the cleanest ladies’ room in California” if you ask Kris – I’ll just have to take that on faith).
While taking a short break, chatted up a couple on a Harley about the relative merits of heated gear (while we were basking in 80° temps).
Johnny Sprockets and I then made the drone out the 126 to the 5 to the 210 where we parted company at the 57.
I clocked a total of 780 miles on the Brickus Turkus that weekend, my first long distance trip since selling the RT some months back. Other than dealing with the cold and soggy on Saturday morning, it all came back to me right away and my “new” little ride never missed a beat the entire weekend – even managing a respectable 43mpg at one point and after I resigned myself that I’ll NEVER catch M.Brane, CRASH, and Poach….no matter how hard I tried.
You can get more with kind words and a REALLY BIG gun, than with just kind words...trust me

Offline Turkus

• Recalculating.....
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2014, 08:19:25 PM »
While I can safely say that this weekend was probably the most fun any of us have had in a long, LONG time,
it was also bittersweet as this was the last time that most of us will be riding with JO and MO for quite some time.
Twisty Bovines I, II, and now III have etched a special place in all our hearts and memories forever.
Though the cast of characters has changed some over the last three years,
we have all developed a bond that shall forever remain unbroken.
I have enjoyed riding with each, and every, one of you and will ride with y’allz again in a heartbeat
and I am proud, as well as blessed, to call you all “friends.

We are a Band of Brothers and Sisters of the Road  :2thumbup:

This is Twisty Bovine  :lets-eat: :beer:

And this is how we roll…. :riding:

The End….(or is it ??  :dunno2:)

:k75s

Offline Turkus

• Recalculating.....
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2014, 08:23:10 PM »
Oh, yeah….one other thing

If you are fortunate enough to be invited on the next Twisty Bovine,
DO NOT EVER contemplate ordering chicken or fish instead of Bovine….

You will be “OFF THE DEAL !!”  :finger:

Offline sprockethead

Re: TwistyBovine MotoBrick MotoDebauchery April 2014
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2014, 08:47:20 PM »
Outstanding piece of photojournalism Turkus Brickus Booie Idolatrus!!   :2thumbup: :2thumbup: :2thumbup:

Bittersweet ending to JO and MO's reign in So Cal....  but looking forward to Twisty Hovine I in Nevada next year!!   :hehehe :hehehe

Hey BTW, thanks for the desktop wallpaper my friend!!  Great pics all around but I especially like this one...  probably because I am in it, but hey I am a legend in my own mind as they say....  :riding:

• 34.842917, 39.000092
  • Virtual K1350 RS

Offline Turkus

• Recalculating.....
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2014, 12:20:19 AM »
Outstanding piece of photojournalism Brickus Turkus Booie Idolatrus!!   :2thumbup: :2thumbup: :2thumbup:

Thanks Johnny Sprockets...sometimes these RRs are harder to put together than they look
(technology malfunctions notwithstanding  :hehehe)

Bittersweet ending to JO and MO's reign in So Cal.... 

It was a fitting final SoCal ride.... :2thumbup:
JO and MO have turned out to be two of the greatest friends, and riding buddies, I have ever had - all this from a chance encounter at Brown Motor Works in Pomona in 2009.
They may be gone from the Left Coast fairly soon but they will, most certainly, not be forgotten.
And there are rumors of a Midwest Twisty Bovine Reunion or a Montana Twisty Bovine being kicked around....
We'll just have to see how and where the winds of chance will blow in the months ahead  :riding:

Hey BTW, thanks for the desktop wallpaper my friend!!  Great pics all around but I especially like this one... 

Now you have two taken in the same spot....one with my former ride and now one with my current ride  :yes

Tags: