Author Topic: What Did You Did To Your Motobrick Today ?  (Read 1909365 times)

Offline CRASH

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Re: What Did You Do To Your Motobrick Today ?
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2011, 07:08:50 PM »
Replaced the weak ass, prone to burn out halogen lights on my GIVI E52 Maximus trunk with high output LEDs.

Before

After

Took a little finaglin, a little drilling, a little cutting ... but was worth it and is a reasonably clean installation still.  I know it will hold up better than the originals.

Some of the pieces

Getting everything to fit back in the same spot was a bit of a challenge, but with some creativity ... doable.  The individual resistors on each LED need to be organized JUST SO. I have one area that is not as clean as I would like it due to all the wires converging, but I have a plan for that as well.
- CRASH -

Offline Turkus

• Rollin' The Brickus Turkus - '93K75S
  • Recalculating.....
What Did You Do To Your Motobrick Today ?
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2011, 01:16:59 AM »
that is quite an improvement there crash...

more bung light really makes a difference in my opinion... nice job...

agreed.....one would think he has been hanging around the Duck too long with all them LEDs  :o
You can get more with kind words and a REALLY BIG gun, than with just kind words...trust me

Offline Crapdealerbob

« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2011, 01:37:10 AM »
Had a new Metzeler Z6 rear tire put on, the other just was worn out, put 12,000 miles on it.  The front tire is still looking good, didn't need to replace it yet. 

I've been reading that some people have had trouble with these tires, but I really like them and getting 12,000 miles on the rear -  doing 95% two up riding isn't too bad.

Of course, then we had to put over 100 miles on it, to get it broke in...not a bad way to spend the day.
Crapdealerbob
Wickenburg, AZ
1991 K100 RS

Offline cjskach

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2011, 12:30:50 PM »
Got most of my parts today and put the clutch and tranny back in my K75. Used a custom magic marker for the clutch alignment tool, worked great. Tranny went on smooth as silk with the GD lube on the splines. Hope to get the swing arm and drive shaft in tonight. I decided to strap the rear end up with a strap from the ceiling of the garage. Worked great! Much better than working around a saw horse.
Regards
Christopher
90 K75RT

Offline Snowy

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2011, 12:46:41 PM »
Fitted a new rear tyre to the K1100RS - another Dunlop Roadsmart.  That gives me a while to make the decision whether to try the new Roadsmart II's which are coming out now or switch to PR3's next time. I have a few jobs to do on the GS before stripping the Brick down for a tranny off spline lube and full service.
  • Marlborough, UK
  • 1994 K1100RS & 2008 R1200GSA & 1980 CB900FA

Offline cjskach

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2011, 01:15:16 PM »
Two tires are on the pavement again:-), hope to see them turning tonight. Here is a shot of my $99.00 driveshaft compared to my original 70K mile one.
Regards
Christopher
90 K75RT

Offline Roy S.

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Shocking
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2011, 09:17:06 AM »
Last night, a couple glasses of Merlot, changed out a Progressive rear shock with a Works, on the 75s. Test ride, tune up today.

K75s (will be selling)
K75RT (BabyBlue)
K1100lt (on going project)
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery" TJ

Offline cjskach

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2011, 01:08:22 PM »
Got Baby Blue cleaned up and took her for a nice long ride up the winding river road. She shifts like new. And she rode as smooth as ever.
Regards
Christopher
90 K75RT

Offline wmax351

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: Shocking
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2011, 05:59:09 PM »
Last night, a couple glasses of Merlot, changed out a Progressive rear shock with a Works, on the 75s. Test ride, tune up today.

Are you interested in selling that Progressive? I'm looking for something cheap with preload adjustment. Doesn't need to be perfect at all.
  • Albuquerque, NM
  • 91 BMW K75 Standard, 98 Moto Guzzi California EV
Bikes:
Current:1991 BMW K75 Standard, 1998 Moto Guzzi California EV11
Past: '83 BMW R65LS, '75 Honda CB550F, '69 Honda CB175, 1999 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, 1973 Triumph Tiger TR7V, 1971 BMW R75/5 in Toaster outfit, 1979 Harley Davidson XLS-1000 Sportster Roadster

Offline Lone Amigo

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2011, 02:06:14 AM »
Today I brushed the snow off the Dread Hun.

I thought about testing out the power outlet which I had reapired at the dealer's last week. I figured I would plug in my First Gear E-liner and go for a ride, but after church I took a nap, and when I woke up in the middle of the afternoon, I just didn't feel like going through the cold weather ride routine. I'll test it on Wed. when I ride the Hun to the Dealer to have the valve stem on the front wheel replaced, and have fresh anti-freeze put in.
Riding the High Desert
www.webdesignnewmexico.net

Offline WayneDW

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2011, 07:09:44 PM »
Pulled the injectors.  A friend is going to clean them in his ultrasonic cleaner for me.
  • Minneapolis, MN, USA
  • 1992 K75RT

Offline BobZ(IL)

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2011, 06:06:49 PM »
You can call me Doctor.......performed a flapperectomy this afternoon.
  • Bourbonnais IL
'93 K1100LT
'78 R100S
'05 R1200GS

Offline CRASH

« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2011, 01:07:45 AM »
Oil Change and new tires (Back to the Pirelli Angel STs - my 4th set and probably all I will run on this beast .. tired of experiments).  Ready for "winter".
- CRASH -

Offline Lone Amigo

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2011, 12:53:40 AM »
Chatted with another '85 K100 owner at the shop. He was buying a battery. My Dread Hun got the following :

Rubber grommets for side panels replaced. Power outlet fixed. Electric liner now works. Valve stem of front wheel replaced. Jenyoowine BMW valve stem caps installed.Bike washed. Discovered that rubber seal where shifter shaft enters box is leaking a bit. Part ordered, appointment made. Rode back home, 200 miles round trip. Didn't dawdle.
Riding the High Desert

Offline Duc750

« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2011, 04:50:34 PM »
Finally rode the damned thing !!!! for the first time in nearly 3 months after re timing the cams - replacing the clutch, replacing the main seal, o ring and doing an annual service. Now to fit the top box rack and clear the ABS sensor fault either before or after her 600 mile trip for work on Tuesday/wednesday. That very much depends how many resets I can be bothered to do tomorrow night I guess !

Thanks to all that helped me out with pics and answers to daft questions - I promise to post some pics up of her soon !
2001 K1100LTIC not even run it at 52K
1994 Duc 907ie
1998 R850R
1987 Duc 750 Paso

Offline Lone Amigo

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2011, 01:05:03 AM »
Had the leak at the back of the transmission fixed. Replaced boot and clamp on clutch arm. Adjusted clutch free play. Drained and refilled gearbox oil. Removed and replaced broken bolt in exhaust clamp. Tightened center stand bolt. Lubed center stand abd side stand, Checked all fluids, topped final drive oil. Ordered sight glass to replace it at next oik change. Went over 55,000 miles. Rode home at 6000 rpm in 5th. Had lots of fun on the Dred Hun.
Riding the High Desert

Offline HCorn

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2011, 09:09:14 PM »
I didn't have time to work on the brick prior to taking it on a 600 mile trip to the in-laws.  It performed great, but I realized I needed to attack the forks and some other lingering projects.  And since the family was still at the in-laws . . .

Drained the primordial ooze out of the forks, cleaned them up, and installed Progressive springs.  First time doing it, but I came pretty proficient since I had to do it several times!  Left the dust cover off one time, realized I didn't fill one tube properly . . .  :-[

I also had several items waiting in the queue on the workbench:  LED dash lights, new clock, new dash seal, headlight relay, new bulb, and re-routed my SAE connector up by the dash to make it easier to plug in my heated vest.

Took it for a quick spin.  Definitely noticed the better lighting.  Forks seem quite a bit better, but I need to take it for a longer ride. 

1986 K75T

Rick G

« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2011, 09:58:30 PM »
Put some new insulation under the tank, summer is comming, put the tank back on and fired it up to make sure and all is OK.
Checking over a few things and turned the key to the lock position and great then tried to unlock it and no go its frozen solid. Spent a couple of hours playing with the key to no avail and decided to pull the front end apart to get at it. finally got the ign lock out after drilling the snaphead bolts out and still no go.
I decide to soak the lock in gas to get rid of the gunk build up that is most likely holding the tumblers in the wrong place but the whole lock just fell to bits and now the key won't come out. Oh am I having fun. I finally got the key to come out so at least I can unlock the side pockets. Used lock ordered and now I wait for that but I am taking advantage of the down time and installing the new springs in the forks. Fortunately I can still go for a ride on one of the other bricks or my very favourite muscle bike the KZ1300 Kawasaki.

Offline orforester

« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2011, 07:42:59 PM »
Well it is not exactly "non riding" time here, it never is, but the leak in the tank was driving me crazy and good thing as it was really weak, gas poured out when I touched it.  So while waiting for tank fix, oil change, trans, Diff, spline lube, new PIAA lights, and stripes on the front wheel.

Oh lubed the throttle and clutch lever.  Maybe more as if it rains, or tank takes longer. 

Has anyone ever hear of these shocks? I am trying to figure out how to mount the canister
Bob
1989 K 100 RS se (SOLD)
1985 K 100 RS, now RT
1979 XS 650 Yamaha Street Tracker
2008 R 1200RT

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2011, 08:06:53 PM »
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline Lone Amigo

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2011, 08:11:09 PM »
Yesterday and today I did another Italian tune up, putting in 150 miles around the Malpais National Monument and Conservation Area.
Tomorrow morning I will put the snow blanket over the seat and dash.
Riding the High Desert

Offline Nessmuk

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2011, 08:26:49 AM »
Coolant change over the weekend as I had no idea of what was in there, and now it's getting cold I don't want a split block or head!  Turned out it was fine, but I now have blue instead of green coolant, it's a much nicer colour.   :lol:

Also changed the right front disk for one that wasn't warped.  Braking is a lot smoother now. 

Simon.
'88 K100RT in some sort of blue.

Offline billday

« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2011, 12:24:46 AM »
After a chilly last ride of the season to get the fluids heated up, I drained the FD and trans, first  step toward spline lube (and digging out the GPI switch to see if I can't get my N light working).
  • New York State, USA 10977
  • 1985 K100

Offline jonb

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2011, 12:27:47 AM »
Last weekend a friend helped me replace the rubber boots on either side of the throttle bodies, one of which had a slice a third of the way around.  At first I was surprised with the amount of crud around both the injectors and the throttle bodies, but I don't know if they've been moved since the bike was originally put together.

She's definitely fuelling much better now, but I'd still like to get the injectors ultrasonically cleaned.
'87 K100RS

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2011, 10:20:14 AM »
Take it to the car wash. :loco:
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.