Author Topic: K100RS Breather Hose Need tips on how to Remove and Replace  (Read 5215 times)

Offline tsbt

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Anyone change a breather hose on a K100RS before? Do I have to to take the Air Collector/Intake off? Hoping this is something that just pops off but I was tugging at it near the top without any luck. The space to remove the hose clamp at the Crankcase is so tight it's ridiculous, but I'm working at it. Love to hear if anyone has any suggestions on best practice for this. Thanks!
92 K100RS 4V
75 KE125

Offline Lawrence

Re: K100RS Breather Hose Need tips on how to Remove and Replace
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 06:30:33 PM »
It sounds to me like you are describing my frustrations with the hose that run from the plenum to the airbox!  I didn't have any problems at with with the crankcase breather hose.  I just used a screw driver that was long enough and ... off it came.  If worse comes to worse, why not cut it off?  It's knackered anyhow, right?
1985 K100RS

1982 Laverda Mirage 1200TS
1983 BMW R100RS

Offline Inge K.

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: K100RS Breather Hose Need tips on how to Remove and Replace (UPDATE)
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 07:58:58 PM »
UPDATE: Learnin that this breather hose is a real tart to remove. Might need to actually drop the engine to gain access. What a nut this is to crack.

Got this pic from Inge from the K100rt forum, it's the inside of the Air Collector/Intake, grrrrrrr:

Dropping the engine is your own conclusion. I think you need to read the thread one more time,
I think GITH did give you a good explanation on what`s need to be done.

Inge K.
  • Norway

Offline tsbt

Re: K100RS Breather Hose Need tips on how to Remove and Replace (UPDATE)
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 08:13:16 PM »

Dropping the engine is your own conclusion. I think you need to read the thread one more time,
I think GITH did give you a good explanation on what`s need to be done.

Inge K.

Copy that Inge, GITH is right, I'll give it a shot today and post the procedure. Appreciate it your time!

Chris
92 K100RS 4V
75 KE125

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: K100RS Breather Hose Need tips on how to Remove and Replace
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 09:16:08 PM »
It sounds to me like you are describing my frustrations with the hose that run from the plenum to the airbox!  I didn't have any problems at with with the crankcase breather hose.  I just used a screw driver that was long enough and ... off it came.  If worse comes to worse, why not cut it off?  It's knackered anyhow, right?

tsbt has a 4V K100RS.  Nowhere near as simple to replace as on a 2V bike.
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Tags: