Author Topic: 10-08-14 Forks Of The Salmon  (Read 3310 times)

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
10-08-14 Forks Of The Salmon
« on: May 01, 2011, 06:34:23 PM »

we rolled from portland or to yreka ca last night... rolled the bug off and got it ready for the ride... seriously considered rolling fr1 instead of the fots... but with getting in late last night and getting a late start today... we decided to stick with the plan...

we filled up with texaco supreme with techron and rolled gazelle callahan road... it was smooth and clean all the way to cecilville... definitely a yeeeeeeehaaa road... and not another vehicle on it but us... was kinda like that all day...

after cecilville we picked up the south fork of the salmon river...

we noticed big piles of chip seal rock along the way... but we didnt see any chip seal... but once past cecilville the road had been oiled for miles and miles and miles... still smelled fresh but it was not wet or slippery so we proceeded on what quickly became a 10 foot wide goat cut into the ridge above the salmon river...

this salmon has gotts to one impressive display of mother earths power in the spring when the water is raging...

they are f ing up this lovely goat by trenching the middle of the road... why... why... why...

here be the fork...

you gotts to be ch1tting me... a p o... out here... wow...

sasquatch was here...

now we are rolling back to etna... on the way to the forks we encountered absolutely not a single mechanized vehicle... except for yellow sportbiker... we were hugging the right on all the turns... this guy... who is desperate need of streetmasters... apexed a blind left about a foot off my edge... if we were running 2 seconds faster it would have been a head on... he was clearly spooked as he went from lean forward to upright crapping his pants...

we stoppede and asked this old dude... well he said he moved from red bluff to etna in 1949... we asked him what was going on down there... he said they has conveyors that pulled material from the bottom... the small stuff got sluiced... the big stuff got piled up... mining for gold of course... said it had not been active since he was a kid...

lunch in etna...

at dottys...

j o... chili burger...

m o... ortega burger...

we saw lotts o donkeys... usually moving too fast to stop for a photo... butt we gotts these two...

rolling scotts river road... thanks rider for the suggestion... its a beauty...

thats all folks... mickis battery puked once we got to the 96... i have some really interesting pictures i took at our scenic stops along the way... but we encountered a mictoburst at the end of this lovely day and the camera got wet and wont turn on... so you are spared another 10 or 20 unnecessary photos...

scotts river road... its 100% yeeeeeehaaaa...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Tags: