Author Topic: Hello from the Steel City  (Read 368 times)

Offline LethalJD

• Curious
Hello from the Steel City
« on: October 22, 2023, 11:25:45 AM »
New member introduction post - saying hello from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. My name is Justin and I'm a new brick owner. I've always wanted to rebuild a motorcycle as a project with my son. I recently purchased a 1994 K75S with only 9k miles that was mid-restoration/modification. The owner just found other hobbies and gave up on the project, so I got the bike and a few boxes of parts, a motogadget m-unit blue, tenet box, and lots of other assorted goodies as part of the purchase.

Now for the fun part. I'm in way over my head and don't know much about motorcycles other than how to ride one. I look forward to using this forum to get ideas and inspiration as I work to get the bike running again!
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • 1994 BMW K75S

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: Hello from the Steel City
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2023, 03:31:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Justin!

There are many resources at Motobrick.com. Among the is this link to the LE Jetronic engine system manual which could help you understand how the different systems in the engine work together.

Here's a link to BMW's 1988 K100/K75 2V workshop manual which could help you navigate repair and maintenance challenges during restoration. Explore the various sections of the site.

When you're ready to ask advice, post your questions in the Motobrick Workshop or start a thread in the Project Custom Motobricks section to post your queries and the progress of your work. Posting clear photos helps everybody to understand what's happening.

Tell us what you know about the Brick's mileage, and whether it runs.   :laughing4-giggles:

Good luck with your project.

• Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline LethalJD

• Curious
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 11:19:56 AM »
Thanks, Laitch, for the helpful resources!

It has about 9,000 miles on it and was running well last year (Summer 2022) when the tear down began.

Appreciate the welcome and look forward to learning from all of you!
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • 1994 BMW K75S

Offline caveman

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2023, 04:46:51 AM »
LethalJD,

I live north of the city but work down there all the time. Shoot me a PM if I can help you with anything.
  • Kennerdell, PA.
  • 87 K100RT, 88 K100LT

Offline AtLarge

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Not too many bikes. Garage too small.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2023, 04:20:28 PM »
Welcome aboard.  Gotta start somewhere.   :laughing4-giggles:
  • IA
  • 1994 K1100RS
1973 Honda CL70-K3, 1975 Kawasaki 350 F9-C, 1994 BMW K1100RS, 2023 Honda CRF300L Rally ABS

Tags: