Author Topic: Greetings from Minnesoooota  (Read 3612 times)

Offline sh00ter

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Greetings from Minnesoooota
« on: April 11, 2012, 03:32:03 PM »
Hey All -

Found this site off the geezer site site.  Both have great info - really great to have such a wealth of knowledge in one place.   Just bought (50 miles, 1 week) ago a '94 K1100RS with 14k miles, absolutely mint condition.  Here are some photos.   To date I'm changing all the consumables and about halfway through.  The bike definitely sat for a few months/years here and there in it's life, but it's showing no signs of age at all.   

Looking forward to ride reports and posting updates with the new toy!    :mbird
'94 1100 RS

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: Greetings from Minnesoooota
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 03:43:47 PM »
Welcome to motobrick.com.  :mbird

I wouldn't bother changing the air filter.  In reality they only need to be changed every 50k or so and even then....   I just changed the one on my 94 RS for the first time - at 57K.

Generally accepted that it's a good idea to run dino oil for the first 20k to let the rings seat properly.
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline WayneDW

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 07:51:17 PM »
Welcome Chad from another MinniSodan!
  • Minneapolis, MN, USA
  • 1992 K75RT

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 08:10:57 PM »
Where are you in MN?  (Just curious.  My mom was born and raised in Ely.)
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline jeffhestand

• ^ Motobrick Curious
  • 1985 K100
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 09:03:28 AM »
chad- looks like a good find. I am redoin an 85 and bringing it back from neglect. I took the airbox apart other night and found acorns and mouse/bird residue in there. I would check your box at least. I just blew out the filter and reinstalled. It looked fine and the bike has 68K on the clock with a broken speed so who knows??? Anyway is just used Catrol 25 50 and i am putting Schaeffers syn gear oil in the rear end and the tranny. Nice ride. Keep us informed of your progress
1985 K 100... Gettin better all the time!!

Offline sh00ter

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 09:54:55 AM »
Where are you in MN?  (Just curious.  My mom was born and raised in Ely.)

Ely is beautiful - we launch our canoes for the boundary waters near there.   I live in Minneapolis, and spend quite a little time up nort near Perham.
'94 1100 RS

Tags: