Author Topic: 08-09-20 Mineral King Tulare CA  (Read 3343 times)

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
08-09-20 Mineral King Tulare CA
« on: May 01, 2011, 11:39:44 AM »
aint no poser ch1t going on here... this is the real thing... the mineral king...

http://mineralking.us/about.html

back in tulare ca again... for 1 weekend anyway...

after reading the v town pashnit gangs mineral king jaunt... i had to go... micki was busy so i went 1 up... good thing... we could do it 2 up... we have been on these kinda goats before... but 1 up was more enjoyable im sure...

so i buzzed out the 198 and filled up at the cheveron in 3 rivers... it 57 miles round trip from the cheveron to the end of the road and back...

the bug eye motobrick was getting into the red today...

the bridge over the kaweah river...

the river is spectacular... i want to see it during snow melt...

i got a feeling this would be covered in water in the early spring...

this ride has it all... the desert of the central valley... the picturesque foot hills... and then full on wilderness...

and some big trees along the way...

the smell of pine needles... although very smoggy today... the pine scent prevailed in the cool air climbing to 7200 feet...

the north facing hills still had some water flowing... the sun wasnt in the best position for good photos...

this is where im heading...

they say that mineral king is the glacier divide of the eastern sierras and the western sierras... just what i read... just saying...

the end of the road...

the dirt portions went from smooth and firm to washboard and crazy... especially on some of those off camber switchbacks...

motobrick and mother earth... looking out for each other...

unmarked cattle guard in a hairpin...

rolling down the hill...

it was a beauty of a ride...

the lake between lemon cove and 3 rivers is just a puddle these days... notice the water line... our first time here... 6 years ago... the lake was way higher...

there you go...

johnny
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Tags: