Author Topic: 09-07 Riding The Heartland  (Read 3316 times)

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
09-07 Riding The Heartland
« on: May 01, 2011, 03:03:28 PM »
the worlds most relentless motobrick wrenching assistant can be found at mickis moms in waverly iowa...

turning 6s... getting ready for a 10 day 2 up...

i had to go to indiana to get the papers straight on the midwest motobrick... not having much time i had to do it in a day... so at 4am im rolling...

thought to take a mileage photo cause i would never remember where i started... this was at the 1st fuel stop...

sunrise over iowa corn...  no deer spotted in the dark or at dawn... lucky me... its iowa you know...

its a smooth roller... runs straight and true with no hands at any speed...

i slabbed 1/2 way and rode the rural back roads of illinois the rest of the way... unfortunately there was lotts o this on the superslabb and the rural back roads... many were one lane with flaggers...

back home again in indiana...

iowa 80 truck stop... the worlds largest... look... barber shop... im thinking... riiiiiiiiight...

but i opted for the hand pounded breaded and deep fried pig butt... it was yummy... 3 things i miss about the midwest... 1 white castle double chee... 2 tenderloin sandwiches... 3 chicago beef...

sunset over iowa...

as much as i hate the slabb... it was the only way today... in total about 800 miles... about 400 of it slabb...

miswest motobrick meet up time...

so it begins with a roll through iowa at 1st light to rendezvous with the kingpin aka underscore...

we stopped for fuel somewheres in missouri and scored a beef sandwich...

then we kept pushing on...

and on...

until we got to rydors in merphiesborrow illinoise... here is rydors tool kit... at this point he is still known as rydor... but only for about another 28 hours or so...

we roll out the next day... 2 motobricks and 1 poserbrick... headed to the twisties of the mark twain forrest...

we stopped on some back road in illinoise so rydor satisfy his narcissistic tendencies...

rydor on his poserbrick...

underscore on his motobrick...

and the mapless gpsless motobrick rider known as johnny too badd...

got ticks... narcissist...

we roll to grass roots bmw in cape girardeau mo cause rydor wants to buy his motobrick from the scoundrel who hooked him on the poserbrick...  it was pathetic to see a grown man cry like a baby who got his rattle taken away...

a bunch of folks were there getting ready to head to arkansas for the unrally... i have seen this rig in bmw on... it was sweet...

enough of this nonsense... we push on to the promised land...

we find this hole in the wall in the back woods of deliverenceville... power in numbers... so we stop... but leave the motos running just incase we gotta make a fast getaway...

bbq pig & cat fish...

bbq pig & shrimps & fries...

bbq pig & fries...

blackberry pie...

blackberry pie & ice cream...

monkey butt cream pie...

gotta get out of here... if the stumps could speak...

looking at the frontal lobe left side cupping of the quickly wearing lazertech...

rydor... always looking for the competitive edge to one up the old motobricks...

total narcissist... wouldnt even share... bogarted it to the last drop...

moving on...

rydor in yet another narcissistic fit...

lifestyle...

it was about this time rydor thought about heading for the barn... which is about 5 hours away... and its about 7pm...

so we start hauling arse...

we stopped a couple times so rydor could look for some clear riding glasses... you see... he has 1 set of dark glasses and 1 dark shield... and its getting freeking dark...

so there you go... 11:54 pm... now you know the story of the midnyght rydor...

underscore splits for iowa after 4 hours sleep...

and i split for wisconsin... getting hammered the whole way... while the midnyght rydor splains the deal to his woman and readies the doghouse for an extended visit...

i rolled into juneau wisconscin to fetch micki and was abducted by the three witches of the cheezeland...

we rode the 60 which follows the wisconsin river... its a delightful area with lotts o folks swimming and paddling about...

culvers... butter burgers and cheeze curds... yummy... one of our regular stops...

the oldest mountains in the usa can be found in wisconsin...

micki prepares to sing old man river as we cross the mighty mississippi at marquette iowa...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Tags: