Author Topic: I bought my first K 75 today  (Read 214 times)

Offline xcaret

• Motobrick Curious
I bought my first K 75 today
« on: September 04, 2021, 08:29:35 PM »
I owned a 1978 Motosport, but hadn't ridden it lately so I sold it. Today I bought a 1991 K75, and it's so much like my Motosport. It's 100 miles from home ,and I drove my SUV to see it ,and bought it. Tomorrow I plan to get a ride there and ride the bike home .
EFI, ABS,  liquid cooled, no ignition points to adjust ... This is all so new to me ..  I don't have a photo of it, but I'll post a photo of my 1978 Motosport .  I just noticed the "Modify' button. Maybe I can include a photo of my great K75 . I'm updating my post here. I have had this bike for 4 days and ridden it 1000 Km's . I love it .
  • Shepard in my garage
  • 1991 k75

Offline Laitch

• Redline 7000
  • Forum Moderator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: I bought my first K 75 today
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 02:11:20 PM »
Welcome to Motobrick, xcaret. Post photos of your Brick in this thread and tell us about its history when you're able. Congratulations and bon voyage!
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 80,000 miles
I wept because I had no radials until I met a man who had no splines.
https://tinyurl.com/RillRider

Offline Chaos

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Mars needs women!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 02:50:50 PM »
Luv the motosport, one of THE classic BMWs in my opinion.  Best of luck with the K75, they're great but after 30 years all sorts of gremlins can pop up.
  • sw ohio
1987 K75S    VIN 0231
Original owner, Original litter
200,000 miles (plus or minus) and 5 paint jobs
2012 Ural 2WD sidecar (BMW's bastard step child)

Offline xcaret

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 11:01:20 AM »
Being a Harley rider  all my life , starting in 1970, I am used to being lower to  the ground . I had my 1978 BMW Motosport parked since around 1991 . Now I have this great BMW K75RT ,I am remembering how nimble these bikes are . I just made another trip along highway 40,through the Kananaskis mountains again yesterday. I still had daylight left , so I kept on going another 150 km's .  When I first got this bike on the road ,and was bringing it home ,I noticed the rev's seemed high . It was then I noticed I was not dodling along at 70kph, but was way over 100kph . I remember my other BMW always catching me off guard as I looked down at the speedometer.
 My Harley's didnt have windshields ,and fairings . That's probably why I don't notice how fast I'm going .
I read on here that K75 engines sound like a sewing machine . As I was riding along yesterday it hit me that my engine does sound like a sewing machine , ha,ha. I'm really  enjoying this bike . The previous owner has it in top condition ,and maintained it better than any shop would have. The bike came with Clymer, Haynes ,and the BMW owners manuals, plus loads of oil filters and small parts .
Once I'm home from a ride I fined myself picking up one of the service manuals and looking something up. Next thing I know I'm out in the garage looking at my bike to see what I just read about ..     
  • Shepard in my garage
  • 1991 k75

Tags: