Author Topic: New Fuel Sender  (Read 238 times)

Offline PitchlerBrick

• Motobrick Curious
New Fuel Sender
« on: February 17, 2024, 10:17:22 AM »
Welp, fixed my K75S fuse blowing problems the old fashioned way - I took the bike to a trusted local shop. With his connections, and this is awesome, he located a guy on the other side of the pond who commissioned a run of NEW K-bike fuel senders.

Over a year after I bought it, every time I tried to start the bike, the fuel pump fuse blew. As previously posted, I saw the fuel pump wiring inside the tank was cracked and some insulation was missing... when those wires touched, the fuse blew.

The fuel sender was working but when I removed it, it was pretty corroded. Using the theory "half of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at" I went to Austin Moto Works with the tank drained and cleaned as best I could, fuel pump and sender removed and asked them to please put it back together again, the right way.

After identifying some pin holes, AMW also re-lined the tank, put in a new Bosch pump with filter, all new wiring inside the tank and the big news was a brand-new manufactured fuel sender with float. I've kept the old one, to which my wife would reply, "of course you did" but prolly will never need it. All of this cost me about 30% of what I paid for the bike originally. However, add that to the 3 modern injectors, the 50 amp alternator, etc. updates I already did and this remains a great overall bargain for a bike I love to ride. At under 60K miles, this thing is just a baby. So happy.
  • '93 K75S w/Pitchler Fairing, Tri-Spoke, Corbin, 50 Amp Alt., OsideTiger Injectors, Catz XLO Lamps w/Auto Switch, Flip-A-Lever Cruise, Hyper-Lite rear brake flasher, EZ Touring cover

Offline PitchlerBrick

• Motobrick Curious
Re: New Fuel Sender
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 11:06:44 PM »
Here is a picture of the "before". Either the insulation wasn't fuel resistant or it started out that way and gave up over the 30+ years.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • '93 K75S w/Pitchler Fairing, Tri-Spoke, Corbin, 50 Amp Alt., OsideTiger Injectors, Catz XLO Lamps w/Auto Switch, Flip-A-Lever Cruise, Hyper-Lite rear brake flasher, EZ Touring cover

Offline PitchlerBrick

• Motobrick Curious
Re: New Fuel Sender
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2024, 11:07:39 PM »

* bare tank wires.jpg (56.38 kB . 768x576 - viewed 35 times)

Tags: fuel pump tank