Author Topic: Short, Fun Rides  (Read 336 times)

Offline PitchlerBrick

• Motobrick Curious
Short, Fun Rides
« on: March 20, 2024, 11:21:18 PM »
Been out on a quick ride lately? How'd that go?

My son got him a Yamaha MT7 which he is tricking out a little at a time. Typical of 20 and 30-somethings today, his is a Naked Bike. Luggage free, tank bags unheard of, backpacks only. Spartan fun.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

We had a nice Texas Spring evening last week and went out to the Andice General Store. They make a great burger, I got mine with jalapeno, no cheese and we split the fries. GOOD burger, fries too. Sat outside at a picnic table, no TV, just talked. Time goes on and you realize each night like that's a win. The ride was rural, mostly. Lots of fields at a sixty-ish pace. On the way there we each rode our own scoots, on the way back we switched. The kid's proud of that MT7 and couldn't wait for me to taste the torque. He had somewhere to be, so the whole adventure with dinner, was an hour and 15 minutes. When mom's not with us we can eat pretty fast, ha!
  • K75S w/Pitchler Fairing, Tri-Spoke, Corbin, 50 Amp Alt., OsideTiger Injectors, Catz XLO Lamps w/Auto Switch, Flip-A-Lever Cruise, Hyper-Lite rear brake flasher, EZ Touring cover

Offline PitchlerBrick

• Motobrick Curious
Re: Short, Fun Rides
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 11:23:03 PM »

* Father-Son Fun.jpg (49.77 kB . 527x576 - viewed 86 times)
  • K75S w/Pitchler Fairing, Tri-Spoke, Corbin, 50 Amp Alt., OsideTiger Injectors, Catz XLO Lamps w/Auto Switch, Flip-A-Lever Cruise, Hyper-Lite rear brake flasher, EZ Touring cover
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline PitchlerBrick

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 10:18:22 AM »
Anyone else have a short, fun ride lately?

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2024, 11:31:13 AM »
Not lately.

• Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles
I wept because I had no radials until I met a man who had no splines.
https://tinyurl.com/RillRider

Offline PitchlerBrick

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2024, 08:55:06 PM »
Not lately.

Haha! My bike will be parked a fair bit in August, when your riding weather is perfect. We don't have to shovel the heat, though.

Offline natalena

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2024, 12:17:43 AM »
Just picked up the new ranch scooter. Super slow, below 3k RPM riding the dirt trails, while breaking in. Our snow just melted ... sort of, Montana's weather is fickle. Beartooth Rendevous is right around the corner!
  • MST
  • 1987 K75s #0919, '05 Sportster 1200C, '21 ARGO 8x8, '24 KLR650
Texas catheters ROCK!

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2024, 09:21:50 AM »
Hey, Natalena! Glad to witness your evolution and have you posting. Is Texas Catheters the name a medical school soccer team?
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline natalena

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2024, 10:43:13 AM »
Thanks Laitch, it rounds out the 1, 2, 3, and 4 cylinder group of rides. A neighbor had an RE5 rotary for sale, but just too "interesting" for my tastes. I'd post a pic of a Texas catheter, but guidelines might frown .. it let's you procure relief at anytime, anywhere via a tube down the leg :)
  • MST
  • 1987 K75s #0919, '05 Sportster 1200C, '21 ARGO 8x8, '24 KLR650
Texas catheters ROCK!

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2024, 12:07:32 PM »
Thanks Laitch, it rounds out the 1, 2, 3, and 4 cylinder group of rides. A neighbor had an RE5 rotary for sale, but just too "interesting" for my tastes. I'd post a pic of a Texas catheter, but guidelines might frown .. it let's you procure relief at anytime, anywhere via a tube down the leg :)
Is the holster tooled?  :laughing1:
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Tags: