MOTOBRICK.COM > Welcome To Motobrick.Com

Hello from Canada

(1/2) > >>

NORMR:
Thanks for accepting me. I'm from Quebec, Canada. I apparently have a reputation among most of my friends as a certifiable "bike nut" whose proven to spend a lot of the waking and even sleeping hours thinking/dreaming about bikes. So much so, that a friend of a friend has recently decided to gift me his beloved 1988 k75s that been sitting in a barn for the last 7 years. I have yet seen the actual bike and only have photos that prove its existence. Once the snow melts I plan on picking up this "barn find" with the hopes that its salvageable. Its a high mileage example with 189,000 kilometers.......

cheers

The Mighty Gryphon:
Welcome!  This is a great place to get the help to get an old Brick running in top shape.  Many of us here have rescued bikes.  I personally brought a bike back from over 16 years of idle neglect. 

At 189,000km your bike should be good for at least another 100,000km if properly maintained.  I know of several owners who got well over 260,000km. 

frankenduck:
That's a nice "gift."

As MG points out, 189K km is only medium high mileage.

NORMR:
Once I get my hands on the bike I plan on taking a look at the obvious and see if its a worthy project. If its rusted out and has an unhealthy engine I think my decision will be an easy one. I have 2 other running bikes and an idle goldwing thats been asking for my attention. I listened to the gentleman describe to me his last ride on the bike and he mentioned that while cruising along it suddenly felt like it lost a cylinder. He never investigated the cause and instead parked it. The cause can be electronic I guess which definitely might be better then a blown valve or other engine failure. Time will tell...

The Mighty Gryphon:

--- Quote from: NORMR on March 05, 2023, 10:52:01 PM --- I listened to the gentleman describe to me his last ride on the bike and he mentioned that while cruising along it suddenly felt like it lost a cylinder. He never investigated the cause and instead parked it. The cause can be electronic I guess which definitely might be better then a blown valve or other engine failure. Time will tell...

--- End quote ---

When you get the bike start a new thread and we'll get on it.  I would think the first thing you'll want to do is identify which cylinder is misbehaving. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version