TECHNICAL MOTOBRICK WRENCHING In Remembrance of Inge K. > Project Custom Motobricks

Megasquirt on a K75. (DIY fuel injection system)

(1/16) > >>

wmax351:
I've been wondering about upgrading my K75 to a more efficient closed loop EFI system, most likely mega/micro squirt.

It would be partially as an interesting engineering hobby/fidgeting project. But it may be somewhat practical as well. Should allow for a decent bump in mileage, especially at higher speed, where the LE-Jetronic loses accuracy, and as far as I know, utilizes an open loop enrichment trigger, as well as running rich from the start. Would also add in a wideband O2 sensor, which would greatly simplify tuning. 

Also would allow for cheap and less restrictive MAF sensors, or quicker responding MAP sensors.

I've seen megasquirt used on a turbo'd K75.

Not really looking to create a superbike. K75 wound out is plenty fast for me.

wmax351:
I may have found a source for a cheap, second hand megasquirt from a friend of mine on the UC Berkeley Super Mileage Vehicle Team.

Should greatly reduce the budget needed for this.

frankenduck:
This for the K100 which is slightly different but should help some:

http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/bvogel/K100/download/efi-web%20page/K100%20troubleshooting%20Starting.pdf

wmax351:
In terms of what I would be doing, the two bikes are actually identical. I will be doing batch injection, so all it needs is the RPM signal from the tach and the temperature sensors.

I would just remove the MAF sensor, and put a intake air temp sensor in the plenum. After syncing the TB's by closing the Idle Bypass screws and adjusting the TB's, I would use a vacuum line from the middle cylinder for the MAP sensor. 

frankenduck:
You can pull an RPM signal off of the coils directly.  That's what I use for the cruise control.  I use the outboard wire on the connector.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version