Author Topic: 14-04-06 TwistyBovine an Experiment in MotoBrick MotoDebauchery  (Read 68028 times)

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
14-04-06 TwistyBovine an Experiment in MotoBrick MotoDebauchery
« on: December 15, 2013, 11:41:04 AM »
im gonna need ordnance for the the hitching post "t" on the map... ha ha ha... ordnance... ha ha ha...

roll out at 1st light from the santa paula inn saturday april 5th "c" on the map... then roll out the 33 lockwood valley cerro noreste to mckittrick for breakfast burritos at the mckittrick market "g" on the map... then roll out the 58 pozo loop rossis driveway + this time we are gonna go to the top of black mountain which is k to l on the map... then roll out purfuma canyon see canyon down the 1 to the 101 to the hitching post.... overnighting in santa maria...

sunday route... 362 miles of magnificent twistys before the slabb through los angeles... 

roll out to jalamba at 8am... after jalamba beach or at the 166 norcalers and socalers can split up... for the socalers im thinking the 166 to the 33 to the santa monica mountain into the la basin...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline CRASH

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Provided all goes as planned, and my phone does not fall of my bike again, these are the links for my Spotwalla for the weekend.  Eaton, Roxanne and I should be leaving Santa Cruz around 8:30 on Friday morning.

Friday - https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=918b532f843dbcb5d

Saturday - https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=918c532f84553875d

Sunday - https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=918a532f8312b9749

:popcorm

timtyler spot link... https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=92d9533b1fda71b23

brickus turkus realtime tracker link... http://www.greenalp.com/RealtimeTracker/index.php?viewuser=turkus&guestpassword=Turkus&fs=1
- CRASH -

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator
The bike an I will rest well tonight in Eureka, CA @ http://www.eaglehouseinn.com/

The bike's room is bigger, but I have a bed and an IPA.

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator
I have internet again!

Made it to Santa Cruz last night as darkness fell. Heading out momentarily to pack the bike and meet Dan and head south.

The PCH was amazing yesterday. Clear skies, 60 degrees and not much traffic.

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator
The First Supper

Offline johnny

its 41 degrees where they are... 46 here... butts im flatlanding it... they gotts to go higher... gotts snow last night... may be nertly up there...

they are moving...

http://www.greenalp.com/RealtimeTracker/index.php?guestmode=1&viewuser=turkus&fs=1&guestpassword=turkus

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline johnny

waiting on the pack...

j o

Offline johnny

Offline Turkus

• Rollin' The Brickus Turkus - '93K75S
  • Recalculating.....
It was a LOT colder than 41 degrees  :yow
You can get more with kind words and a REALLY BIG gun, than with just kind words...trust me

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator
Great riding today.

Second picture is from here

Offline poach

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Just rolled into the barn...

Another stellar fieldmeet shared with very special(in a good way) individuals.

It's good to be on the deal.....

Offline viffergyrl

• Motobrick Curious
  • Friend of Motobrickers
We got in a little after 4, washed the bikes, and had a beer (or two). Fixing Korean BBQ with sirloin steak to round out the bovine weekend. Rice and stir - fried veggies as sides.

'Tis always good to be in on the deal. Yawls are special peeps.
1999 Honda VFR (The Vixen)
2001 Ducati ST4 (Stanley)

Offline CRASH

The Bovine Dozen

A special team of experts handpicked and vetted by the Master Bovineologist for an extremely difficult mission. Veterans from previous bovine wars were joined by new recruits.  They would let nothing get in their way, road raging Rav4s on HWY 1, inclimate weather, mechanical failures, goat roads that not even goats would venture out on, nothing would stop them.  Fueled in the evenings with copious amounts of barley water and red meat ... beef ... BOVINE ... this intrepid team successfully completed the Twisty Bovine 3.  You will not want to miss the epic retelling of this adventure, coming to a thread near you soon.
- CRASH -

Offline johnny

just gotts done loading up the motobrick for next weekends foray into the unknown... this was the best twisty bovine ever... even without lockwood & cerro noreste...

100% yeeeeehaaaaaaaaa...

j o

Offline sprockethead

Awesome weekend.  :2thumbup:  Wish it didn't have to end... had an uneventful ride home and Turkus and I lucked out on the 150... no blue hairs in Fleetwoods to ruin our twisties...   Thanks to all yawl for making it one of the best weekends I can remember.  So I am up for Twisty Fish I... or the Just for the Halibut Ride... or I like Crash's idea for Twisty Squid!
  • 34.842917, 39.000092
  • Virtual K1350 RS

Offline viffergyrl

• Motobrick Curious
  • Friend of Motobrickers
Hello y'alls. A most excellent weekend I must say.  :clap:

There is only one more who has not checked in.... I think he is just south of Red Bluff.
1999 Honda VFR (The Vixen)
2001 Ducati ST4 (Stanley)

Offline CRASH

Just for the Halibut Ride.

I dunno, this is pretty good to ... or Ride Just for the Halibut ... we need to vote on this with the Bovine 12 I think.
- CRASH -

Offline sprockethead

At the Irish Pub... pre-twisties.... I loves the forum cuz I can post all my favorite PG-13 pics... :2thumbup:

• 34.842917, 39.000092
  • Virtual K1350 RS

Offline sprockethead

Day one....

• 34.842917, 39.000092
  • Virtual K1350 RS

Offline sprockethead

More Day 1...

• 34.842917, 39.000092
  • Virtual K1350 RS

Offline sprockethead

More Day 1...

The secret to SLO County's Award Winning Wine.... the slightly acidic blend

• 34.842917, 39.000092
  • Virtual K1350 RS

Offline sprockethead

Day 2... Jalambawamba Beach....

Crasholio.... Crash-O-Matic... the Crashmeister...  Crashtastic.....

Th...th...th...that's all folks!!  Fantastic weekend...  gots to do it again!
  • 34.842917, 39.000092
  • Virtual K1350 RS

Offline sprockethead

So tomorrow I'll load up some pics of me n m.brane tearing up the Santa Monica Alps the day before Twisty Bovine III...  :2thumbup:
  • 34.842917, 39.000092
  • Virtual K1350 RS

Offline CRASH

It began for me on Friday morning.  Hooked up with Tim at his hotel in Santa Cruz and headed to Carmel to meet up with Roxanne (Eaton flaked on us cuz it was raining ... punk, he did eventually make it down that night and in time for TB3). Weather was fine until Roxanne showed up and brought rain with her

Tim and Roxanne at Cafe Keva in Big Sur ... which was closed due to non-existent rain. We ended up down the road at Big Sur Lodge I believe it was, excellent breakfast there.

Potty break at Hearst Castle.

Pier at Hearst Castle

After this stop, we had an incident with a Rav4 ... guy had some serious road rage issues and we had no place safe to pull off and not get run over.  He tried several times to hit us, run us off the road, Tried to side swipe me and threw a slurpie out the window on me and then stopped and blocked Tim and Roxanne (and a long strip of cars as he did a weave maneuver back and forth across both lanes - yes into oncoming traffic).  I had to turn around to come back to make sure they were okay and he then crossed the double yellow to attempt to hit me head on.  He pulled over when he thought he saw some Rangers, they were a park cleanup crew.  We pulled over as well and talked to them to see if they had a radio so we could report the guy in the Rav4, we did not approach him but he was too big of a coward to come out and confront us.  License plate reported, probably nothing will come of it, unfortunately this guy is going to hurt someone one day.  We refused to let it ruin out weekend.

We stayed at the Santa Paula Inn again this year.  Walked down the street during the classic hotrod show to have dinner at Garmen's.

Dinner at Garmen's in Santa Paula with John, Alan, Kris, Bruce and Roxanne. And Roxanne lovely as ever.

Appetizers

That is NOT BOVINE!

And the lovely ladies telling me I am number one ... happens at least once every trip.  I think Kris just wanted to get it out of the way early this trip so I would not stalk her for the picture all weekend.

Dublin Stew ... this IS bovine.

Bread Pudding ... this was more than enough for the 6 of us.

M.Brane and Viffrgyrl

I have no idea what was being said, but I bet it was an "exaggeration"

How many hot rod Studebakers do you know of?

Santa Paula Inn

Saturday Morning ... waiting for "the late one" who just woke up.  We won't mention her name, but it wasn't Kris.

Hiding from the rain after going over HWY  33. Was very wet, cold and windy ... not really what we wanted to ride in.  It felt like winter ... and we never had a winter ... very confusing to us all.

The group at the traditional "farm equipment" rally point.

Old grader that Alan and I were trying to figure out what all the weird gears and levers did.

The group coming to the traditional Group Picture place at the end of Rossi's Driveway.  Unfortunately heading up Rossi, M.Brane lost 3rd gear.  Just not there anymore.  He had to finish up the weekend without it but did not let it dampen his fun.  Then a little later it seems the rear main seal on Roxanne's bike decided to let go ... a common issue with K bikes.  Then you get oil on your clutch and it doesn't work so well.  She finished up the weekend as well and seemed to take it pretty much in stride too.   It could have been worse on both counts, but both finished the whole weekend with their issues and got home so all is good.

Micki Bingham and Johnny

The Bovine Dozen

Micki, JO, M.Brain, CRASH, Poach, Viffrgyrl, Pawprint, Turkus, Tim - just Tim, Sprockethead, Ducmonster, 1911

The top of Black Mountain ... I will be posting a video of this "road". When we got to the top, I told Johnny I was confused "Why did you call this a goat road" Did you see any goats? No, you know why? The damn GOATS won't even come of that road"  I have a video of it I will post later.  Not that bad really unless  you stop to realize most of s were on relatively heavy sport or sport touring bikes riding through sand washes.

The Hitching Post ... the highlight of the weekend. The CRASHLING - or off spring, or whatever else he was called, is at Cal Poly so  met us here and ate with us ... excellent steaks.

The evening of Barley water imbibing and tall tales.  Lots of laughing and fun.

Sunday

Jalama Burger at Jalama Beach .. .WORLD FAMOUS I TELL YOU.

Bruce telling Johnny that he was not eating bovine, and bought himself a lunchable.

Johnny getting ready to take Bruce "Off the Deal"

Sprockethead say that yes, they are THAT good.

So about 1000 miles later, and a lot of fun, laughs and food ... it is complete.  Until the next time we get a craving for food.

- CRASH -

Offline sprockethead

Awesome pics Crasholio....   hey I so don't feel like going to work this morning....  just get back on the bike and do it all over!!  :yes
  • 34.842917, 39.000092
  • Virtual K1350 RS

Tags: