Author Topic: hi  (Read 304 times)

Offline ming

• Motobrick Curious
hi
« on: August 15, 2023, 04:29:48 AM »
hello, thanks for letting me join, i have just starting working on a k100 1988 which has been sort of cafe raced badly! i am looking to fit spoked gs wheels and a retroride horizontal shock and usd forks. i am very confused about fitting the rear wheel! it looks as if the wheel has the same 4 stud pattern as the gs but clearence seems to be an issue
hopefully i can get some definitive answers from you guys
cheers guys
ming
  • derby
  • triumph street triple, spondon bandit, honda cb 500 fa, bmw k100, honda tlr 200, yamaha ty 250 mono
anything is possible!

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: hi
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 08:33:14 AM »
Welcome, ming!

The riders who undertake customizing Bricks usually start a thread in the Project Custom Motobricks section. I suggest you start a thread there so readers can follow along, make observations, and answer your questions if they are able. Begin with a full history of the Brick that you're customizing, describe the custom stuff that is on it now, and how well everything is functioning.

Your Brick's monolever drive can handle wide spoke wheels. Adaptation for caliper mounts and shimming for wheel clearance must be undertaken. Here's a thread showing an example on a K75, no less. Likewise, upside down forks are eminently doable. Customizers may not hang out here much because they move on to other projects, so be patient; your project could generate some interest. I suggest you contact builders by using the personal message (PM) function here when you see a modification that interests you to discuss it with them personally. Scroll through the Custom Motobricks section and also use the search function with terms like spoke wheels, upside down forks and so on.

When you have engine or fuel problems, post up your questions in the Motobrick Workshop. You'll be sure to get some interest.
Good luck with your build.
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline ming

• Motobrick Curious
Re: hi
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 10:25:30 AM »
thanks for the intro mate, will check out the custon /cafe racer section, thanks for your help
ming
  • derby
  • triumph street triple, spondon bandit, honda cb 500 fa, bmw k100, honda tlr 200, yamaha ty 250 mono
anything is possible!

Tags: