TECHNICAL MOTOBRICK WRENCHING In Remembrance of Inge K. > The Motobrick Workshop

Fuel sender finally broke, need ideas on how to proceed

(1/2) > >>

McQuinn:
1985 K100RT, it has the screw in fuel sender under the tank, not the 4 bolt one with the float.  I have the nut that was left after the plastic broke off of it and the 4 pin connector.  I need a way to plug the hole and also run wires through it.  I'm wondering if I can bond a plastic washer to the leftover nut and run wires through it and seal the hole?  My first idea was to find a threaded cap to fit over it and drill a hole to run the wires but I can't find a cap in the correct size and thread.  Or just weld the hole shut and find another way to route the wires into the tank?  Any advice would be much appreciated as this part is impossible to find online.   

sooprvylyn:
Have you run down to the auto-parts store to see if they have any caps that might fit?  They probably have all sorts of filler caps in a bunch of sizes for various vehicles.  If you do find a cap, drill a hole and use gasket maker to seal it once the wires are in place.

McQuinn:

--- Quote from: sooprvylyn on April 15, 2024, 07:10:48 PM ---Have you run down to the auto-parts store to see if they have any caps that might fit?  They probably have all sorts of filler caps in a bunch of sizes for various vehicles.  If you do find a cap, drill a hole and use gasket maker to seal it once the wires are in place.

--- End quote ---

I've been to all the local places here in Dallas, autozone, Oreillys, etc.. as well as home depot, lowes and tractor supply.  I can't find the same size and thread, it seems to be a very unique combination

sooprvylyn:
Haha, Welcome to k-bikes. Bmw made sure to make EVERYTHING on these suckers proprietary

If you can ID the diameter and thread pitch, and if you have a  friend w a 3d printer, you could hire a 3d artist on fiver to make you a file for probably $20 and have your friend print it.

sooprvylyn:
I'd also check ace hardware...they often have weirdo stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version