Author Topic: Will the Schneider Flip-A-Lever fit on a 1995 K75?  (Read 4515 times)

Offline fivespeedsquirrel

• Curious
Will the Schneider Flip-A-Lever fit on a 1995 K75?
« on: July 18, 2018, 01:35:57 PM »
I have a chance to buy one of the increasingly rare Schneider Flip-A-Lever throttle locks, but I am trying to figure out whether this will fit my naked 1995 K75. I found a comment at the bottom of this thread, which seems to indicate the BMW friction screw will not fit my bike:

http://www.motobrick.com/index.php?topic=3054.0

I know that the BMW friction screw and Flip-A-Lever are not exactly the same in design, but I am still trying to figure out if there is clearance for the Flip-A-Lever to fit on my bike. So I have looked at my throttle housing, and also many other throttle housings online, and they all look like they have the mirror stem nut in the same place, so I can't see how the Flip-A-Lever would fit any of the K75 models. It's possible the skinny stem of the Flip-A-Lever just squeezes past the mirror nut...? I am not sure how the throttle assembly between different versions of the K75 would be different. Can anyone enlighten me?
  • Richmond, VA
  • 1995 K75

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: Will the Schneider Flip-A-Lever fit on a 1995 K75?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 02:26:36 PM »
I found a comment at the bottom of this thread, which seems to indicate the BMW friction screw will not fit my bike:
It does seem to indicate that but I have a naked '95 K75 with OEM mirrors and it has an OEM throttle screw that works appropriately; nothing is in its way.

This is your second thread concerning these blasted throttle controls. Martin has a thread here with photos explaining how to make a Flip-a-Lever style throttle control all your own. Here's a link to a link about them.
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline fivespeedsquirrel

• Curious
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 02:37:48 PM »
This is your second thread concerning these blasted throttle controls. Martin has a thread here with photos explaining how to make a Flip-a-Lever style throttle control all your own. Here's a link to a link about them.

Thank you for the input. Don't worry, this is my last thread on the subject :) I am trying to search as much as I can before asking questions. I am not opposed to Martin's method, but I am treating that as Opn #2 for now.
  • Richmond, VA
  • 1995 K75

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 02:58:48 PM »
greetings...

used to use a flipalever... it will fit if you have the threaded hole... i still have one in a box in the basement... you want it...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 06:14:23 PM »
Returning to the handlebar throttle response screw and mirror stem/nut relationship, in this photo of my K75's assemblies the mirror stem and nut are indicated by the green arrow, the screw by the red arrow. The threaded stem is above the screw with a few millimeters of clearance.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline johnny

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 08:18:27 PM »
greetings...

i gotts the threaded hole on top... and on bottom like laitch...  bottom hole works with flipalever butts is better on top me thinks...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline K1300S

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 07:05:53 AM »
Project Thread "K75s Midlife Refresh"
http://www.motobrick.com/index.php/topic,7810.0.html

Offline johnny

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 07:58:39 AM »
greetings...

not the same... schneiders screws into the hole and puts pressure on the mechanizium from the inside... not on some chunk of chromium on the outside...

schneider was sued cause some lazy a-hole wadded it up cause he said he could not articulate the lever... f-ing lazy a-hole poachers and false report filers are gonna f-it up for everybody...

j o

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 09:11:36 AM »
, so I can't see how the Flip-A-Lever would fit any of the K75 models. It's possible the skinny stem of the Flip-A-Lever just squeezes past the mirror nut...?  Can anyone enlighten me?
If you aren't enlightened enough yet attached is a photo of the FAL from the link mlytle provided in Reply #6. Using the OEM screw, the screw is turned until its nylon tip provides the desired friction. In the FAL, a moving nylon rod within the screw provides the friction based on the position of the lever. With lower handlebars on a K75, the FAL mounted beneath the handlebar could hit the tank.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 09:15:56 AM »
With lower handlebars on a K75, the FAL mounted beneath the handlebar WILL hit the tank and feck up the paint.

Fixed it for you.  Been there, done that.
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 10:01:19 AM »
Been there, done that.
That must have been when you were a callow and fevered youth dismissing the need to analyze new installations before using them. :giggles
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 10:14:38 AM »
If you say so...
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Tags: