Author Topic: "Revive" (1985 K100 Street Scrambler Build, not a Cafe Racer)  (Read 180212 times)

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: "Revive" (Street Scrambler Build)
« Reply #400 on: May 24, 2019, 07:09:43 AM »
Confirmed - Dog Piss... Phew. :giggles
What's it taste like? I think this was some sort of perverse Gaelic test of diagnostic skill. :bmwsmile
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline DJEwen

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #401 on: May 31, 2019, 05:52:27 AM »
What's it taste like? I think this was some sort of perverse Gaelic test of diagnostic skill. :bmwsmile

Tangy, needed some salt.
  • Scotland
  • 1985 K100 'Revive', 1987 K100 LT

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #402 on: May 31, 2019, 06:52:13 AM »
Thanks for the update. The UK Kennel Club might have trajectory charts to consult if you want to determine the breed.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline DJEwen

« Reply #403 on: May 31, 2019, 07:29:11 AM »
Thanks for the update. The UK Kennel Club might have trajectory charts to consult if you want to determine the breed.

:giggles
  • Scotland

Offline DJEwen

Re: "Revive" (Street Scrambler Build, not a Cafe Racer)
« Reply #404 on: June 17, 2019, 02:11:21 PM »
I was attempting to share some of my photos from the latest modification but it appears I may have reached my limit of 400 uploads, I tried creating a secondary folder but still after waiting for the photos to upload and going back into the folder they didn’t exist. Does anyone know if there is a limit and that my 400 even mark is just coincidental or if this is a separate issue? Maybe I need to donate for a 4th time.

Anyway, I’m 3277 miles in now, the moto has her 2nd MOT in a couple of weeks (since the build).

I had managed to rub away the exhaust wrap on the exhaust pipe closest to the shift lever while riding and it became all tatty. Tonight I removed the pipe, trashed the damaged wrap, re-wrapped the pipe then I wrapped some leftover stainless mesh I had from doing the radiator grill around the area where my foot pivots around the shift lever to protect it from future damage, I tied it all in with stainless lock-wire.
  • Scotland

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #405 on: June 17, 2019, 02:23:02 PM »
I was attempting to share some of my photos from the latest modification but it appears I may have reached my limit of 400 uploads,. Does anyone know if there is a limit and that my 400 even mark is just coincidental or if this is a separate issue?
I just read that the limit is 20 per post and 1000 per thread. Try post a photo to a different thread to experiment.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline DJEwen

« Reply #406 on: June 17, 2019, 02:56:01 PM »
I just read that the limit is 20 per post and 1000 per thread. Try post a photo to a different thread to experiment.

The issue is when I upload to the folder not to the post, I use the bulk upload function as usual, they load up individually until a tick appears on each, then return to the folder and there are no photographs.
  • Scotland

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #407 on: June 17, 2019, 03:26:11 PM »
I know this isn't an imaginative response but have you tried loading them one-at-a-time? How many are you trying to bulk upload?
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline DJEwen

« Reply #408 on: June 17, 2019, 03:41:18 PM »
I know this isn't an imaginative response but have you tried loading them one-at-a-time? How many are you trying to bulk upload?

I’ve just tried a single image upload via the bulk upload function and it uploaded and ticked in the upload section but it didn’t appear in the album. I tried the normal individual image upload and it starts to upload then does nothing. I was only trying to upload 5 at a time initially.
 Shame as a really cool motorcycle photographer approached me about 3 weeks ago wishing to shoot my K, we’re planning on meeting to shoot some night this week/next week and I’d have liked to share the images with y’all.
  • Scotland

Offline almostordinary

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #409 on: June 17, 2019, 08:35:54 PM »
I was having a similar problem.. had to resize all my images to have less MB then they uploaded fine. Also make sure they aren't png files. mid-res jpg files finally uploaded after going through the same issues you're having.
  • Los Angeles
  • 1991 K75s

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #410 on: June 17, 2019, 09:30:31 PM »
had to resize all my images to have less MB then they uploaded fine. Also make sure they aren't png files.
I haven't had problems with png files unless they were smaller than 5KB. The auto-sizer here should take care of most resizing issues and I agree with almostordinary about resizing them in your case, DJ. Their brilliance is probably disrupting the system. :giggles

What size are these errant images?
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline DJEwen

« Reply #411 on: June 18, 2019, 05:16:46 AM »
I was having a similar problem.. had to resize all my images to have less MB then they uploaded fine. Also make sure they aren't png files. mid-res jpg files finally uploaded after going through the same issues you're having.

I haven't had problems with png files unless they were smaller than 5KB. The auto-sizer here should take care of most resizing issues and I agree with almostordinary about resizing them in your case, DJ. Their brilliance is probably disrupting the system. :giggles

What size are these errant images?

They are just standard iPhone shots like the other 400 story telling images. Any recommendations on software for resizing? This is a ball ache.
  • Scotland

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #412 on: June 18, 2019, 09:47:50 AM »
This is a ball ache.
To tell the truth, it's tempting just let you suffer for a while with your stylish moto, nascent modeling career, productive employment, innate mechanical ability and 'nad problem but Macs have a basic image application included named Preview and Windows probably has a similar one. Just move the images from phone to computer and resize them using the features provided.

I've yet to bother using a high or even medium quality smartphone for imaging because I'm not inclined to share my life with voyeurs but I'll probably get one to see why photo manipulation is baffling what otherwise seem like reasonably competent people here.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline Filmcamera

« Reply #413 on: June 18, 2019, 11:04:00 AM »
I use an android phone but there is probably an iphone version of the software I use called 'photo and picture resizer' it is very simple to use.  I just open a photo I want to resize on the program chose the size I want (I normally use the smallest of the standard options which is 25% of the original size). The program resizes it and then I normally add it to mt dropbox so I can later add it to my motobrick gallery.
  • San Jose, Costa Rica
  • 1991 K100RS 16v ABS1, 2018 Triumph Street Triple RS 765
Poserbricker
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline DJEwen

« Reply #414 on: June 18, 2019, 02:32:32 PM »
To tell the truth, it's tempting just let you suffer for a while with your stylish moto, nascent modeling career, productive employment, innate mechanical ability and 'nad problem but Macs have a basic image application included named Preview and Windows probably has a similar one. Just move the images from phone to computer and resize them using the features provided.

I've yet to bother using a high or even medium quality smartphone for imaging because I'm not inclined to share my life with voyeurs but I'll probably get one to see why photo manipulation is baffling what otherwise seem like reasonably competent people here.

I use an android phone but there is probably an iphone version of the software I use called 'photo and picture resizer' it is very simple to use.  I just open a photo I want to resize on the program chose the size I want (I normally use the smallest of the standard options which is 25% of the original size). The program resizes it and then I normally add it to mt dropbox so I can later add it to my motobrick gallery.

Like working on the moto isn’t challenging enough, I now need to piss around uploading, resizing, moving, transferring, re-uploading and posting. I like to come out of the garage, pour a fine single malt, crack a beer then upload my efforts in a single touch and write a less than interesting speel on my endeavours.

I’ll have a look at said resizing tools...  :brb.. maybe

• Scotland

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #415 on: June 18, 2019, 03:40:16 PM »
I like to come out of the garage, pour a fine single malt, crack a beer then upload my efforts in a single touch and write a less than . . .
Maybe you should have a volunteer count the shots and pints occurring before your uploading. That might be elucidating. 
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline DJEwen

« Reply #416 on: June 19, 2019, 11:43:24 AM »
Maybe you should have a volunteer count the shots and pints occurring before your uploading. That might be elucidating.

I'm generally not feeling it until round 3ish...

Anyway.. some resizing later, and this isn't very exciting at all, but as I was saying, I had managed to rub away the exhaust wrap on the exhaust pipe closest to the shift lever while riding and it became all tatty. Tonight I removed the pipe, trashed the damaged wrap, re-wrapped the pipe then I wrapped some leftover stainless mesh I had from doing the radiator grill around the area where my foot pivots around the shift lever to protect it from future damage, I tied it all in with stainless lock-wire.

• Scotland

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #417 on: June 19, 2019, 01:41:57 PM »
Anyway.. some resizing later, and this isn't very exciting at all, . . .
Speak for yourself. I'm astonished!
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline DJEwen

« Reply #418 on: June 19, 2019, 05:31:59 PM »
Speak for yourself. I'm astonished!

Always a pleasure, L.
  • Scotland

Offline DJEwen

« Reply #419 on: June 20, 2019, 06:39:48 AM »
The final two from the 16 images that Niall shot. Should be doing another shoot next week with Fotomoto.

• Scotland

Offline natalena

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #420 on: June 20, 2019, 02:35:21 PM »
Wow, those are the footpeg's that are 6 or 7 piece units, I used to have for 2-up riding. I haven't seen them on any other K except yours.
  • MST
  • 1987 K75s #0919, '05 Sportster 1200C, '21 ARGO 8x8, '24 KLR650
Texas catheters ROCK!

Offline DJEwen

« Reply #421 on: June 21, 2019, 05:35:01 AM »
Wow, those are the footpeg's that are 6 or 7 piece units, I used to have for 2-up riding. I haven't seen them on any other K except yours.

Really, are they uncommon? I thought they were standard.

Yes, they were a pest to put together with so many components under tension whilst attempting not to scratch the new powder coat.
  • Scotland

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #422 on: June 21, 2019, 01:38:38 PM »
From a distance, it looks like you've got a Harris Tweed thing going on those pipes.  :2thumbup:
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline DJEwen

« Reply #423 on: June 21, 2019, 03:02:37 PM »
From a distance, it looks like you've got a Harris Tweed thing going on those pipes.  :2thumbup:

Och aye.
  • Scotland

Offline DJEwen

« Reply #424 on: June 25, 2019, 11:53:28 AM »
MOT tomorrow, time to bolt back on the legal yellow numberplate.
  • Scotland