Author Topic: 1991 Rare Martin Brune K1  (Read 1007 times)

Offline volador

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • NEEDS MORE CHROME
1991 Rare Martin Brune K1
« on: April 14, 2022, 02:22:07 AM »
Custom cruiser for The Mighty Griffoon in tasteful “M” motorsport colors

Missing matching paniers!
Good Day

Worlds most eloquent moto

• NYC NY
  • 1991 K100RS 1993 K75S ABS
5 BOROUGHS SISYPHEAN SOCIETY  MAINTAINING THE OBSESSION

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
Re: 1991 Rare Martin Brune K1
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 03:07:04 AM »
I wonder if they made the turning radius any better. Factory K1s have the turning radius of a Mac truck. You really need to ride a K1 for while to appreciate how annoying it can be when you need to maneuver a K1 in tight spaces at low speeds.
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Online The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 07:32:24 AM »
Yeah, I could definitely get into that bike.  A shame BMW didn't do a model with that fairing. 

I would think that the fairing on this bike would allow a tighter turning radius. 
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2022, 10:00:10 PM »

Bid up to $14,600 - reserve not met. I wonder what the the reserve was.
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
Buy parts here.

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 09:29:57 AM »
I wonder if this exercise in honesty from the seller had anything to do with the outcome. It's a courageous and admirable disclosure. Someone will buy it, regardless, especially in a world where buyers will pay $12,000 for a K75.  :laughing4-giggles:

Comfort suffers a bit from the harder tuned fork, however. The stiffer handset does not take care of the lower back, as does the lightly padded saddle. From a comfort standpoint, the K1 Brune offers less than the version from the Berlin factory; on the other hand, thanks to the lower weight, it is more maneuverable and more precise and this despite a greater hunting. The low placed handlebars in combination with the high perched toe clips provide the feeling of a racing machine.

Brune could not eliminate one of the most criticized points of the BMW K1. On the contrary: the strong vibrations of the liquid-cooled four-cylinder are felt even more in the new chassis. In any case, they take such proportions in the mid-range range that they can quickly become unbearable. From 7000 rpm [half-speed?] , The handlebars cause pain in the palms. The weights at the end of the handlebars have only a very limited action. MOTORRAD could not test a model with a finely balanced crankshaft in order to see if this reduced the phenomenon, option proposed by Brune at 306.78 EUR [600 DM at constant Euro] .
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2022, 10:31:50 AM »
I don't get why people complain about the vibrations on the 4 cylinder Ks. The motors are not as well balanced as the K75s but as long as you keep the TBs synced they're fine. And people who get "pain in the palms" are distributing way too much weight on their arms. I've never had any issue doing 12-14 hour days on my 4V Ks. And I've had all of them - K1, K100RS4V, K1100RS and K1100LT.

That Brune K1 is more for show than go.
Buy parts here.

Tags: