Author Topic: Newbie, N Stamford CT, 91K75RT, 50k miles- light service/body work-paint upgrade  (Read 683 times)

Offline Robcar29

• Curious
Thanks for bringing me in/on.  I'm in North Stamford CT.  Owned bike since 94. Runs great-looks "utlilized".  Looking to clean up, repair, modify, and revive bike at a reasonable price for bespoke projects.  No particular hurry outside of avoiding late spring/fall runs.   Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks, Rob
  • North Stamford, CT
  • 91 K75RT

Offline Past-my-Prime

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
  • All of us are better when we're loved.
Welcome and I'm sure you'll have fun.

If you can figure out how (I've only been moderately successful), post some photographs of your bike, and outline what you have in mind. There are many threads on customization, if that's your thing, and many more on getting your 30 + year old bike looking new.

I lean towards unmolested, thinking that the engineers and designers had some great ideas but of course improvements are always somewhere within reach: I recently paid an enormous amount of money for a new rear shock for no reason that I can articulate with any coherence: I just felt like it.

(It was a Wilburs, and nearly 900 euros with shipping. One nice thing: very easy to install)

My K75 RT still has all of the fairing bits but there are a few minor cracks and scratches. I'd love to make it look new but am possibly not quite as talented or energetic as some of the other Flying Brickers on this site).

Best,  PMP
  • North Shore of Lake Superior (in my garage)
  • BRICK: 1989 K75 RT - Rocinante; NON-BRICK: 2007 F650 GS Dakar - Betty Blue

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Welcome!   There are many here who have restored some pretty rough bikes.   We have a lot of experience and tricks. Just ask and you will get the help you need. 
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Offline CTDOM!

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Welcome!  Folk here have been super helpful with my K journey.  Good Luck!

DOM
  • Central CT, USA
  • 1993 K1100RS, 2003 Ducati 999